Home

COMPLETE OFFSEASON ROSTER (rookies + free agent deals) ALPHA VERSION AVAILABLE

This is a discussion on COMPLETE OFFSEASON ROSTER (rookies + free agent deals) ALPHA VERSION AVAILABLE within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2015, 06:24 AM   #9
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: COMPLETE OFFSEASON ROSTER (rookies + free agent deals) ALPHA VERSION AVAILABLE

Finally got to download this, fantastic work. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

I only really got to look at the Timberwolves closely, and think a few positions should be changed:

Dieng is definitely a C, not a PF. He will probably only play PF if ever on the floor with Pekovic.

LaVine should probably be moved to SG. He only played PG (quite terribly) out of necessity last season, I think drafting Tyus Jones shows they finally realized his future is at SG.

Bjelica should be moved to PF. He will probably play some minutes at the 3, but he's definitely a PF first.

Subjectively speaking, I'm not a fan of the global edit band-aid that was tacked onto the default rosters at the end of the year. They especially don't play nice with draft classes, but I understand it's a bit of a hassle to change.

Edit: Looking at a couple rookies (specifically Cameron Payne and Tyus Jones), I have to wonder if the rookies were created on the same global edit scale as the rest of the roster. If so, 3 point shooting seems a bit high (81 moving for Tyus Jones?).

Also, I recommend posting to NLSC for additional feedback.

Edit: Yeah, looking around more the rookies are definitely off in the shooting stats. Either they need to be globally nerfed, or the rest of the roster needs to be globally buffed. My vote is for the latter

Last edited by joosegoose; 07-09-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:46 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: COMPLETE OFFSEASON ROSTER (rookies + free agent deals) ALPHA VERSION AVAILABLE

Thanks for the feedback! Only got back from holiday yesterday, I'm going to try to update the roster and address the issues encountered asap. Can't promise anything since I have a packed schedule with uni starting very shortly.
Regarding the 3pt shooting, though, I used Aderito's scale (found here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ulas-help.html ). Of course, I realize it does not take into account the -8 3pt shooting that 2k gave to everyone. This may need some reworking later on!
For positions, I'm going to be editing them now that rosters and depth chart are nearly set.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #11
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pims95
Thanks for the feedback! Only got back from holiday yesterday, I'm going to try to update the roster and address the issues encountered asap. Can't promise anything since I have a packed schedule with uni starting very shortly.
Regarding the 3pt shooting, though, I used Aderito's scale (found here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ulas-help.html ). Of course, I realize it does not take into account the -8 3pt shooting that 2k gave to everyone. This may need some reworking later on!
For positions, I'm going to be editing them now that rosters and depth chart are nearly set.
Awesome to hear! For what it's worth, I recommend removing the -8 3pt shooting from the rest of the roster rather than nerfing all the rookies. AI play, spacing, and franchise modes seem to be much better without the -8 nerf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 03:06 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Awesome to hear! For what it's worth, I recommend removing the -8 3pt shooting from the rest of the roster rather than nerfing all the rookies. AI play, spacing, and franchise modes seem to be much better without the -8 nerf.
Yeah I have a dilemma with that. The thing is if I put back +8, then it gets like in myteam where every player starts dropping 3 point bombs so easily. But then the -8 nerf doesn't reflect real life either...
Anyway, I dropped in a small update yesterday with transactions up to date regarding all players.
I know that players like Mickey, Boatright, Reed, Thanasis, Vujacic (did he ever exist in 2k15??), Wilbekin, Hilliard, Neto and Josh Richardson are still to be created. If anyone wants to help out with their creation and/or has suggestions and feedback on the update, especially missing players, either shoot me a pm here or add me on steam. ID: Javale_McCheese
Old 08-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #13
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pims95
Yeah I have a dilemma with that. The thing is if I put back +8, then it gets like in myteam where every player starts dropping 3 point bombs so easily. But then the -8 nerf doesn't reflect real life either...
That's what sliders are for. If shooting ratings are nerfed, it creates problems that sliders can't fix though. That's my reasoning for preferring pre-nerf rosters.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:13 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
That's what sliders are for. If shooting ratings are nerfed, it creates problems that sliders can't fix though. That's my reasoning for preferring pre-nerf rosters.
Good point. Unfortunately I don't think I have time to go through all players and correct the nerf. If you find someone, let me know.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Downloading now to check out...been needing good post draft rosters, been playing 2k14 bc of URB
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »