Home

Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped?

This is a discussion on Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you stop buying 2k on PC if modding is no longer available?
Yes, I only buy the PC version because mods make the game great 19 48.72%
No, I prefer playing primarily on PC 17 43.59%
Meh, doesn't matter to me one way or the other 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped?

This year wasn't so great especially with Vlad going to 2k..

but if they stop allowing guys to mod the game with the way files are encrypted now.. would you still buy?

I admit it would be super nice to see the kind of mods guys made up until 2k14 just for the fans and what they could do. Nex gen 93 Suns, Olympic teams, and all kinds of legend teams would be cream of the crop nex gen.

What do you say?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped?

I have been a modder for a very long time (in other titles) so I have very mixed feelings about this.

The truth is I will support 2K as long as they put out a compelling PC version either way but seeing the modding community die a slow death is something I dislike very much.

I do know I will not buy the console versions.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:37 AM   #3
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

If there was nothing to fix in the game graphics-wise then I would continue buying it, but there always is, so....
Old 07-12-2015, 01:55 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Personally I only resort to the PC version when there's something wrong with the console version. So that will dictate which I buy. Outside of nba 2k though I'm primarily a PC gamer, and I've personally never been a big fan of modding.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm straying more and more away from consoles by the day. I haven't turned on my xbox one in months since I got into building my new rig and updating my old one. I would still buy it on the PC. Playing at 60fps is so smooth I can't imagine going back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

It's funny because I've seen posts from former modders that work for 2K saying they aren't trying to kill the modding community when 2K15 and the huge lack of mods (and now modders left) would state otherwise.

I really like 2K15's graphics and gameplay and have high hopes for 2K16, but 2K14 still has the most replay value by far because of UBR. If we can't get anything like that in the future, 2K14 will likely go down as the GOAT.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:06 AM   #7
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

At this point the answer is yes, I'll buy my first console copy since 2k14 starting next season...I'm done with PC until modding is available...can't make my college mod, no need to support the PC version....

Console version for now on until tools return...Vlad leaving was a big cramp...

Last edited by Behindshadows; 07-13-2015 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

If modding continues to be limited or is done, there would be no point in purchasing the PC version for me. I knew the first year on PC would be rough for modding. Guys have really done some nice things with 2k15, but the lack of 3D editing kills it.

There's nothing 2k can do to ever fully-satisfy my retro taste. Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of incomplete retro rosters and seeing Magic and Bird running around in baggy/long shorts.

Modding gives this game so much replay value. While people are waiting for the next little piece of 2k16 info, we're already playing with up-to-date rosters. College mods, FIBA, All Star, PBA, MBL, ABA, etc. keep this game fresh for me. I honestly only buy the console version to play with friends.

I do thank 2k because with them having such a good and solid game, we were able to produce the UBR. So if this is the end, I'm cool with playing my fully-modded NBA 2k game that came out in 2013.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »