Home

Will NBA2k16 Work in Windows 10?

This is a discussion on Will NBA2k16 Work in Windows 10? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2015, 01:03 PM   #9
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Will NBA2k16 Work in Windows 10?

Update: With yesterday's/today's update to Windows 10, I can no longer even open NBA2k15 offline.

As it is only a couple of months away for 2k16, I'm not too disappointed but I'm seriously rethinking my pre-purchase of 2k16.

I'd copy-paste the error it gives me but I don't think it would do any good.

Edit: 2k15 works again; looks like the issue was with nvidia's driver so false alarm. Sorry.

Last edited by Taer; 07-23-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #10
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0

What I'm interested in seeing is if 2k16 on Windows 10 will allow us to play with Xbox One users. One of the features of Windows 10 is that it can connect PC gamers and console gamers. I doubt that will be supported in 2k16 but hopefully it will be supported in subsequent versions. I've been dieing to get my OA fix and the PC community is lacking in that area.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:36 AM   #11
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
What I'm interested in seeing is if 2k16 on Windows 10 will allow us to play with Xbox One users. One of the features of Windows 10 is that it can connect PC gamers and console gamers. I doubt that will be supported in 2k16 but hopefully it will be supported in subsequent versions. I've been dieing to get my OA fix and the PC community is lacking in that area.
After getting burned on the PC version upgrading, I'll pass all together from PC version of 2k16...going back to consoles for my sports fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #12
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
That would be cool, but I would be more than satisfied with cross-platform rosters and other files. Especially if modding is going to be so restricted, it would be very nice to at least be able to open up the roster/draft class making community a bit.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #13
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Update: With yesterday's/today's update to Windows 10, I can no longer even open NBA2k15 offline.

As it is only a couple of months away for 2k16, I'm not too disappointed but I'm seriously rethinking my pre-purchase of 2k16.

I'd copy-paste the error it gives me but I don't think it would do any good.

Edit: 2k15 works again; looks like the issue was with nvidia's driver so false alarm. Sorry.
Does everything work for you, or just offline play? I just installed Windows 10 and now I can't connect to the 2k server
Old 07-31-2015, 02:41 AM   #14
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Does everything work for you, or just offline play? I just installed Windows 10 and now I can't connect to the 2k server
Anything offline will work with 2k15 and before. Anything online gets cut-off by Microsoft due to dated credentials.

2K is aware of the issues but I've not seen any other news or updates.

2K16's Steam page says it will work out of the box with Windows 10, so I assume there will be no issues going forward. We'll see in a couple of months either way.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

AMD card with updated drivers. I can start the game but it's a slideshow. Even the menus are at 7fps.

any clues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I have AMD too and everything works just fine except online connectivity...I've played more games over the past 3 days, no freezing, etc...only issue is online now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »