Home

NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 04:47 AM   #33
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Anyone had the commentary cut out in the middle of a game? I was letting a CPU game run and there was definitely PBP audio at the start, but about 4 minutes in it completely cut out. All the other sounds are still good - crowd, on-court, PA etc. But no commentators.

Game is running a little choppier for me than last year given the same settings, and one of them might be a little messed up. I noticed SuperSampling reverts to 1 if I try to change it to 0 in-game, although it shows up as being turned off in the configuration file (which is located in the same spot as last year). Nothing wrecked performance in 2k15 for me worse than trying to turn Supersampling on.

I'm getting anywhere from 50-60 FPS during gameplay, and unfortunately it's noticeable when it fluctuates. 30 FPS in cutscenes because I have dynamic VSYNC turned on.
Try setting config file to read-only.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:51 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
So what's the deal with the pre-order 30K VC? the other key I got with my 2K16 key is the same as the 2K15 VC key I got as soon as I put the pre-order in.
Pre-Order DLC seem to not work, yet.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:04 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

I'm really enjoying this game. No crashes or stuttering or audio problems for me with my 980 and I7 5820K on Windows 10.
I'm on windows 10 too but a lot of stuttering for me. Disappointing because otherwise fantastic game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 05:12 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Same setting in 2K15 are now netting me around 50-55 FPS in that game, so maybe I've got some other issue. Don't take my performance issues as gospel, at least until I figure out what happened to 2k15's performance on my system. The only things I can report for certain for now are the disappearing PBP and the freeze.

I haven't updated drivers in a while either - should probably check if there are any new ones out. I'll try that read-only thing too.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:29 AM   #37
Rookie

Make sure you don't max out Supersampling, I have absolutly solid 60FPS with my 980.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:55 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

All is good now after lowering AA settings, locked steady 60 FPS in gameplay, 30 in cutscenes with dynamic VSYNC. Looking over the config file I think that "0" is just a "use application settings" option because all of the LOD options are defaulted to "0" in the file. But they show up in the in-game options as whatever I change them to - for me they're all on high. Maybe SuperSampling = 1 is just 1x - meaning no enhancement. And you'd have to go up to 2 for it to actually be using the SuperSampling.

It's the same for both 2k15 and 2k16, so once again it'll just be a matter of tweaking AA up again until I hit a point where I can't sustain 60 FPS in gameplay. AA isn't all that important to me anyway, given I'm 1080p on a 23.9 inch monitor - you hit diminishing returns pretty quickly with a small monitor like this.

Also of note - the game is loading up MUCH faster every time since the first time I started it (including after a couple PC restarts). Might be even faster than 2k15.

Sorry for all the tech-heavy impressions - I'll try to get some more thoughts on the gameplay once I actually get through a game and can show the stats.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-25-2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:23 AM   #39
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by omorott
Problem PC Version: The Symbolpass is not working for me. By pressing the R1 button, there is at maximum one symbol (for example triangle) .
Besides this Symbol is outside of the court instead of being on top of the players head.

Does anyone has the same problem and maybe a solution / workaround?

rowbo
Do you perhaps have Dynamic Vertical Sync on? Because I turned it on and that occurred to me and when I went back to turn it off the issue was gone.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:25 AM   #40
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone able to Optimize their game in GeForce Experience?

We are experiencing major stuttering (my rig is a beast).

Changed the res to 1440p and now the game barely makes it through to the main menu and then crashes out.......

Dare I say, PC version aint quite ready.....? Haha..... seems there are performance inconsistencies for some unlucky people (myself included).....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »