Home

NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 PM   #65
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread

The only setting that works for me is the full screen windowed mode. I have all other settings to the max with v-sync on and dynamic v-sync off. I even have super sampling on with buffers set to 3. I get 60 fps steady in game play and the only stuttering I have is the highlights between quarters. I think some of the graphic overlays that they use are not optimized for 60 fps. Specs: GTX 970, i7 6700K, 16gb ddr4 mem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 11:42 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 19

i get slight stuttering with all my settings at high.
turning off replays and cut scenes after baskets helps. in other words the game runs better with everything in real time.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #67
Just started!

cank3r's Arena

OVR: 0

R9 280, 8GB ram, I5 2500k, still can't get more than 15 fps, I've turned everything off and low, still get 15 fps, get everything on and max, still 15 fps...
Old 10-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #68
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cank3r
R9 280, 8GB ram, I5 2500k, still can't get more than 15 fps, I've turned everything off and low, still get 15 fps, get everything on and max, still 15 fps...
Just wait for the patch. Maybe Leftos could provide us some extra info but as I posted earlier IMO a bad port is a bad port. You can't do much after the release to optimize it and I'm pretty sure they know it at 2k.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #69
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Update from Leftos about the PC issues over at NLCS:

Quote:
Leftos on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:20 am

Just an update that we're still looking into this. I don't have anything specific to give you yet, but we're working on this. Thank you for all the information.

I just wanted to separate the two kinds of issues being mentioned in this thread. One is the game running at 60FPS but with noticeable stuttering and hitching, and the other one is the game running below 60FPS consistently.

To recap the workaround recommendations so far, looks like Fullscreen Windowed helps with the stuttering at 60FPS. Lowering the crowd quality setting appears to make a difference for people that can't achieve 60FPS consistently. Turning down Supersampling to the lowest allowed setting also helps.
They're working on it, so at least we haven't quite been forgotten yet.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

in my case it's the crowd causing the problem with frame dropping and stuttering. if i play with crowd on (no matter if it's high/low) i get around 48 fps +/- 4-5 fps with AA off, V-SYNC off, Spec. Eff. off, Lightning on, Shader-,Player and Text. details on medium. With crowd off i get a steady 75 fps!!!

Cmon 2K it's time to get to work to iron this bugs/probs out!

my rig: AMD Phenom II X4 955 / 8 Gb RAM / AMD 7870 2Gb RAM
Old 10-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #71
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Just wait for the patch. Maybe Leftos could provide us some extra info but as I posted earlier IMO a bad port is a bad port. You can't do much after the release to optimize it and I'm pretty sure they know it at 2k.
This isn't the optimism I want to be hearing

Don't get me wrong, gameplay is very fun but it hurts me a little inside everytime I have to actually look at the game in minimum settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #72
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Performance on comparable settings is a lot worse this year. Maybe a patch will help it.

I have a nice home PC and I play on a Razer Edge (low specs for gaming) and the Edge has a hell of a time producing a steady 30 fps, whereas last year it never went below 35....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »