Home

Please Ban Hackers on PC

This is a discussion on Please Ban Hackers on PC within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #57
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Please Ban Hackers on PC

Out of curiosity, can anyone actually point to the section of the TOS that changing local memory on your own computer violates?

Full disclosure: I have used CE to get VC. I don't play online, I just play MyCareer (technically online but only because the offline version is so neutered). Never set foot in any online park or whatever. Honestly I don't agree MC is a quality mode starting so low OVR and preferred to start at 78OVR or so, like any other normal 1st overall pick in the league. Should I have bought VC? perhaps. But I think it's pretty exploitative to be honest; charging more just to get the mode playing to what I consider to be an acceptable level. Micro transactions shouldn't bring a game up to a level of play-ability it was already at in years past, before the proliferation of micro transactions.

So, should I expect the ban hammer? My hacking has not disadvantaged a single NBA2K user, and I don't plan for it to.

Last edited by Nza; 10-23-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #58
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Instead of hacking VC (which in the end is stealing money from 2k...) you just could've used the MyNBA2k16 app to get free VC?
Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #59
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Instead of hacking VC (which in the end is stealing money from 2k...) you just could've used the MyNBA2k16 app to get free VC?
I'm not overly familiar but I'm assuming it probably wouldn't have been enough.

VC isn't a genuine currency. There isn't a limited supply of it. It can pop out of thin air and not affect its value. I was not going to buy VC, I would have simply not played MC and probably 2K at all to be honest. MC in 16 is, in my opinion, just not playable out-of-the-box. The mode is not designed for the way I want to play it. So I found a way to play it how I want. This is keeping me interested and probably in play for buying 2K17 etc.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #60
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Hacking isn't all sorted yet. Today played vs squad with 55 ovr pg who was running around crazy fast (99 speed for sure,running faster than normal 5'10 full athletic pg's) and making contested shots insanely high accuracy as well.

Fake low ovr cheaters seems to be new meta now.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #61
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Out of curiosity, can anyone actually point to the section of the TOS that changing local memory on your own computer violates?

Full disclosure: I have used CE to get VC. I don't play online, I just play MyCareer (technically online but only because the offline version is so neutered). Never set foot in any online park or whatever. Honestly I don't agree MC is a quality mode starting so low OVR and preferred to start at 78OVR or so, like any other normal 1st overall pick in the league. Should I have bought VC? perhaps. But I think it's pretty exploitative to be honest; charging more just to get the mode playing to what I consider to be an acceptable level. Micro transactions shouldn't bring a game up to a level of play-ability it was already at in years past, before the proliferation of micro transactions.

So, should I expect the ban hammer? My hacking has not disadvantaged a single NBA2K user, and I don't plan for it to.
Aside from in-mode access to the store (which is a minor inconvenience) and being able to customize your personal court, what is "neutered" offline? I'm honestly asking because, off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that can be done for online that can't be figured out for offline (again, aside from the court customization, which is a shame), especially now that you don't need a shoe deal to equip branded shoes.

I have used CE as well (If nothing else, I need my sliders!) and I don't think 2K has an issue with it for offline, since there is an active thread for it (as there is every year) over at NLSC where Leftos frequents. It may be a safer bet for you since you can manipulate SP for animations/upgrades if you feel the need and avoid the risk of getting caught up in any VC controversy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #62
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I'm not overly familiar but I'm assuming it probably wouldn't have been enough.

VC isn't a genuine currency. There isn't a limited supply of it. It can pop out of thin air and not affect its value. I was not going to buy VC, I would have simply not played MC and probably 2K at all to be honest. MC in 16 is, in my opinion, just not playable out-of-the-box. The mode is not designed for the way I want to play it. So I found a way to play it how I want. This is keeping me interested and probably in play for buying 2K17 etc.
Then why not create a character and play MyGm? That doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #63
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Hacking isn't all sorted yet. Today played vs squad with 55 ovr pg who was running around crazy fast (99 speed for sure,running faster than normal 5'10 full athletic pg's) and making contested shots insanely high accuracy as well.

Fake low ovr cheaters seems to be new meta now.
I posted pictures and videos of that on page 7.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #64
Banned

hedop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
^^ Your usage of CE is obvious and blatant (as someone who can see all of your logs, I am the authority).

Take the year off to consider your actions moving forward in future iterations of NBA 2K. We want you playing the game with everyone else.
Day has passed... still no logs... would be really nice to have a look at them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »