Home

2K16 modding...

This is a discussion on 2K16 modding... within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #49
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K16 modding...

Thanks SoxFan, I will try this out in a bit. But wow from your instructions this **** looks so easy hoooooly. This years way of importing was even slower then 2k15 imo, because I would corrupt my game if I applied changes when I imported multiple iffs at once. I had to do it one by one and then sometimes the program would crash.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #50
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yeah, I get you. People seem to be getting tripped up by TBM's "shared/" comments which are for specific shared file names (none of which I've run into yet). So basically, if it has "shared/" in the file name, remove that part of the file name and then put it in the "shared" subfolder (which is located in the "modded" folder).

Otherwise, as long as the mod doesn't have "shared/" in the file name (which will be most mods), there is no extra work or extra steps. It's just drag and drop.

Steps:

1. download the External File Plugin

http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads...ail&df_id=8171

2. Install the included files (which should include 3 .dlls and the "modded" folder) into your game folder (\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA2K16)

3. Find the mods you wish to download and install (a quick and easy one to test with is masked D. Rose since it's an obvious change: https://mega.nz/#!JNdF2BTY!YJcGDKipN...PEh_Waa95xRh0o) and put them in the new "modded" folder.

That's it.

From now on, all downloaded mods, unless otherwise specified, will just be dropped into the "modded" folder.

Decide you don't like the mod? Delete it. That's it. Switching or deleting mods is actually easier/safer than with 2K14 and prior since you aren't replacing game files and are just pointing the game to whatever you put in your "modded" folder. You don't even have to exit the game to check out different mods...just change them on the fly.

EDIT: For those worried/confused about the shared files stuff, here is further clarification from TBM over at NLSC:
Thanks alot. I appreciate all of your help. I did try what you said and it worked just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
Come on man, you need a visual on how to put 3 files and an empty folder into the main directory of your 2k16 ?
No dude relax, I took a year off from modding because last year was such junk, I never got the gist of what they were doing this year, especially when they switched up mid way through the process, but thanks anyway
Old 11-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #51
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

damn i am SO PUMPED for the mods now
edit: do we do the same procedure for the arenas too? I remember for the celtics court there were 2 files one was the iff you simply replace but there was that floor_#### file would we also just paste that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #52
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
damn i am SO PUMPED for the mods now
edit: do we do the same procedure for the arenas too? I remember for the celtics court there were 2 files one was the iff you simply replace but there was that floor_#### file would we also just paste that?
Yes .
Old 11-02-2015, 11:31 PM   #53
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Dudes working on 2k16 Euroleague...the courts look so sweet!!! I promiseeee you guys that putting mods into the game is as easy as its ever been. Download thwt external file and unzip/unpack it in your Steam/SteamApps/common/2k16 folder. There will be a "Modded" folder. Whenever you want to put a cyberface or a court into the game just download it, unzip and just put that iff file in the "Modded" folder and that's that! No need to back up original files at all...just replace/delete from the Modded folder at anytime and it'll go back to the original game file. Man this is out of site like Bootney Farnsworth!

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 11-03-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:53 AM   #54
Banned

i'm new to modding 2k - how do we know what each file does? like, if you want to take the away bulls jerseys, stadium and floor and give them to the 96 bulls how would i know what files to switch up?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:49 AM   #55
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks to Soxfan for the thorough tutorial. I now have a modded Rose. Now I await for court color correction (MSG)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 08:18 AM   #56
Pro

Well...after today's PC patch my game does not load.

Just completely freezes after the intro.

Every time.

Not sure if it due to mods?

Deleted everything and will download it again overnight from steam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »