Home

Replay tape too short? Too few replays? Use 60Hz!

This is a discussion on Replay tape too short? Too few replays? Use 60Hz! within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Replay tape too short? Too few replays? Use 60Hz!

The replays are recorded at the framerate the game was running when the action happened, but the memory and disc space devoted to them is the same, which means that if you're running the game with V-Sync off or with a refresh rate higher than 60Hz, you might get a shorter replay tape than intended, which might cause some action not to be recorded as replays at all. We're looking into making sure the replay tape is limited to 60FPS for the future, but this might help some of you for now.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Replay tape too short? Too few replays? Use 60Hz!

Does that also have to do with the "highlights" at the end of the game?

It's put in quotes because for me the highlights are players running back after a basket or going into transition but I think I am yet to see a basket in my highlights...
Old 11-05-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
The replays are recorded at the framerate the game was running when the action happened, but the memory and disc space devoted to them is the same, which means that if you're running the game with V-Sync off or with a refresh rate higher than 60Hz, you might get a shorter replay tape than intended, which might cause some action not to be recorded as replays at all. We're looking into making sure the replay tape is limited to 60FPS for the future, but this might help some of you for now.
I don't have replay problems as I'm on a 60Hz monitor/TV. All the highlights are shown as intended.
Could you please look the foul replays which, I think, is a separate replay issue?
For now I can't see any other technical problems besides commentary and sweat. The latter is easy to fix, the commentary issue is more random so I hope you can find the cause. It's good for the company that the coding team managed to fix the stuttering/performance issues. That was huge imo and you deserve a "well done!".
Could you also inform us from a technical view what was exactly the issue with stuttering? It wasn't the crowd for sure, maybe some settings didn't work as intended and they messed the whole performance?
Thanks again Lefteri.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

How come replay for a dunk is working fine but then foul replay, highlights and half time are all showing the wrong actions (players inbouding the ball, reaction to the foul)

Yes I'm playing on a 144hz monitor and while I understand the issue why is it not happening for all types of replays then? And on my Samsung tv which is limited at 60hz the foul replays and half time show highlights were still showing the wrong actions by the way.

EDIT : Also this issue doesn't happen at all in NBA2K15.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

The latter is easy to fix, the commentary issue is more random so I hope you can find the cause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Leftos, will you guys release a fix for this though or we are doomed to play at 60hz? This, Fallout 4 don't even use recent hardware, we pc users spend a lot of cash on it thinking it's going to be put to good use. Supporting higher framerates should be a given imo...

(And I'll say again, even at 60hz I get bad foul replays).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »