Home

What about anti-cheat for 2k17 pc version

This is a discussion on What about anti-cheat for 2k17 pc version within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0
What about anti-cheat for 2k17 pc version

An issue that plagues online modes .
In 2k15 people were attribute/player mode cheating all year and no bans nor any prevention.
In 2k16 2k lifted some bans towards people using cheats, but it didn't help much. Cheaters still could access their players via steam family share function (they didn't remove cheated MC players from their databases) and eventually they completely ignored the issue and let it go rampant.

Now with the more limited player creation for park/pro am/walkon cheaters would be even more godlike compared to legit players (got no problems beating cheaters 95% of time currently) . Not mentioning pc version already getting worse and worse reputation compared to console counterparts .

I hope it will be addressed for 2k17 as otherwise there is simply no point to include MC multiplayer modes to the game at all due to people skipping progress via cheating and ruining game for everybody playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: What about anti-cheat for 2k17 pc version

Seeing that the support they've given PC these past years is close to none I doubt we'll see an anticheat soon. It'd be nice though.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #3
Pro

There is a one anticheat. It's called buying the game from Windows Store if you have W10. That game will be connected to the same online that XboxOne is, and it costs the same than for XboxOne. You can still buy the game from Steam for a cheaper price, but there could be those cheaters

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Old 09-05-2016, 02:26 AM   #4
Rookie

I want to hear some official word on this, because this is unaccepetable.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:46 AM   #5
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmagn
There is a one anticheat. It's called buying the game from Windows Store if you have W10. That game will be connected to the same online that XboxOne is, and it costs the same than for XboxOne. You can still buy the game from Steam for a cheaper price, but there could be those cheaters

If I could get facescan to work that way I might do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 04:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Exclamation Re: What about anti-cheat for 2k17 pc version

This has been an issue like forever with CE on PC and its getting worse every year.
Those guys can make you lag out and kick from the game in pro am, they can and will crash the park server, they can set all their attributes to 99, they will have all the guard animations on a big ( J Crossover Layup ), they create 7'7 or deformed giants, shoot they can even cheat their mypark rep and clothes. In MyTeam they crash the game and give you a loss every darn time in Gauntlet or RTTP.
All of this is why I bought the game much cheaper from somewhere else than the retail price on Steam is without the guarantee of early tipoff.
It just isnt worth 50 bucks or more to me if people can run around and ruin your online experience entirely again.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:37 AM   #7
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmagn

Is this really happening? I would figure the cross platform MP is for Microsoft studio games only, since it will require building the game to work like that i.e. MS can't just tack it onto games they add to their store.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:37 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Is this really happening? I would figure the cross platform MP is for Microsoft studio games only, since it will require building the game to work like that i.e. MS can't just tack it onto games they add to their store.
I'm pretty sure I heard about that somewhere

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »