Home

Image fonts: the same three over and over--anyone else having this issue?

This is a discussion on Image fonts: the same three over and over--anyone else having this issue? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
Rookie

WebIndigo's Arena

OVR: 0
Image fonts: the same three over and over--anyone else having this issue?

So I've asked this in a couple of other threads, but maybe the question isn't noticed in the context of a larger conversation.

When I go to the Images text menu, and I scroll through the 120 fonts, about 80% of them are the same three fonts over and over again, though occasionally they might be a little thicker or thinner. Towards the end of the list I can see a few fonts that are distinctly different.

So, my questions:

Is anyone else having this issue, or is my computer being a special snowflake? If this is a widespread bug, maybe I can hope for a fix, but my guess is that this is rare issue since I've seen no one else mention it.

Is the ability for the fonts to display correctly an issue of graphics performance? I can't set my visuals to high, so I kind of wonder if that's the issue, although I have no problem getting the fonts in the Court Floor menu to display properly.

If the fonts are reading wrong on my computer, and I upload a team package I've created, will they display properly for someone else who downloads my package, or will they be stuck with the same three fonts I see? I'm eager to start sharing my creations, but I'm less so if all my fonts are going to look samey-same.

Would someone mind creating a visual guide for the 120 fonts in the meantime, like how I'm doing with the shorts stripes? As a matter of repayment, I'd be happy to design some original graphics for one of your teams. If you care to poke around at some of my work, I'm on boards.sportslogos.net as Whittier S. Old-meets-new is basically my aesthetic; for a lot of my own 2K17 rebrands, I'm mashing up eras for logos.

Thanks. I really want to get these issues worked around because I'm otherwise really enjoying designing my teams and want to show off what i've been doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Rookie

WebIndigo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Image fonts: the same three over and over--anyone else having this issue?

Never mind; problem solved. I upped the Player Detail to high (guess my graphics card can handle that after all.) Once I upped it, I could see different fonts, but the difference on most of them are subtle--outlines and suchlike--and I couldn't see those details with the lower setting. Maybe this post will help someone else, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »