Home

2k17 online broken - searching for a solution

This is a discussion on 2k17 online broken - searching for a solution within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
2k17 online broken - searching for a solution

Edit: I've gotten it to work! See post below.

As many of you know, 2k17 doesn't work online for many of us. We can enter modes like MyCareer and MyTeam, and the MyCareer related modi like Park and ProAM work fine. But Play Now Online, MyTeam Online, MyLeague Online, and Play with Friends all end with the following error message right at the beginning of the game:

I'm far from the only one who has this issue. A bunch of people on my friendlist have it, as well. You can find dozens of people on the Steam forums reporting the same problem. None of us can play online 5v5, which sucks if these are your favourite game modes.

I was hoping that 2k would address this in the 1.03 PC patch, but they didn't. Who knows what they addressed, as they didn't release any PC specific patch notes. The only communication the PC community's received so far is regarding nvidia drivers, so I'm not positive that they're even aware of this issue.

Now, I was hoping to collect some data regarding the type of system people who have this problem are running. My suspicion is that it is related to the Windows 10 anniversary update. For those of you who don't know, the Anniversary Update made 2k impossible to play online. 2k fixed this in August, 6 months after the Anniversary preview build was first released, breaking 2k16. I don't want to wait 6 months to be able to play 2k17 online, understandably.

So, my questions are:

Is 2k17 online 5v5 working for you?
Which OS are you running (if Windows 10, which version)?
Which steps have you taken trying to fix this problem?

I've tried to disable my firewall and AV completely. Did all the recommended port forwarding, too. Tried deleting the SYNC.bin because it fixed a bunch of issues in 2k16.

Last edited by QNo; 10-15-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2k17 online broken - searching for a solution

Great Idea..
We need to bring up this issue in order to be solved because as it seems 2ksupport has no clue.
I guess I had the same issue last year and was solved around Feb - March but I am not sure.

Here's my feedback
1. No problem with Myteam blacktop only myteam Online and playnowonline(haven't tried the rest).
2. Win 10 anniversary update. Had the no connection issue on August,rolled back and reinstalled the update when community said it was ok...
3. Fully Implemented connection troubleshhoting guide from 2ksupport. Opened a ticket which is still open.
Some of their answers :

Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented. That said, please follow us on Twitter, as this is where new info as well as upcoming patches will be announced.

Unfortunately, as the support team, we are unable to supply gameplay related information as we do not have it.

If you want to know more about the game, please refer to these links:
support.2kcom
forums 2kcom
twitter/NBA2K
blog2kcom/
[/i]

Myteam playnow online is my favorite mode and as the domination and challenges are finishing probably the game would be worthless to me...
Old 10-10-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
QNo
MVP

Thanks Shawn! So you're on windows 10 as well. So are my friends who are having the same problem. I'm also close to putting the game away for good. Will be done with Domination in a few days and I don't really like playing the CPU. Maybe I can bring myself to grind a MyPlayer up to a respectable level, so I can play ProAM with friends. MyCareer is so boring, though.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #4
MVP

I only have this issue when I try to host others from my court and then go into other modes like Pro Am or Park. It sucks. That was my only way of getting an organized group to play together.

I just gave up trying to play with a consistent group of people because of it. Since most of the time the people I want to play with end up on a different server.
I'm on windows 7 by the way.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

Just to give you guys a system where it's working:

Yes

Win 10 Anniversary

Never had this problem in NBA 2k17
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #6
MVP

I have the same problem, getting same error in MyTeam Online, MyTeam Play With Friends, and Play Now Online. MyTeam Blacktop works (though there is very annoying input lag). Have no idea about MyPark or Pro-Am.

OS: Windows 10. Not sure if it's the Anniversary Update or not. But I didn't have this problem with 2K16.
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750

Also tried port forwarding and turning off all antivirus and firewall software. Didn't help.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #7
Rookie

No

Win 10 home version 1511

Haven't done the port forwarding yet. But I didn't have to do it on 2k16 why would I need to do it now?

The port forwarding guide I read said something like I need a static ip address, but I don't think I have one...
Old 10-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #8
QNo
MVP

Someone on the steam forums claimed that turning the crowd setting from off to low fixed the problem for them. I tried and had no success. Then I deleted the videosettings.cfg file and it worked! Not sure which setting the problem is yet, I'll do more testing when I've got the time.

I'm so happy that I was finally able to play a game, even though it was terrible since I was only able to average 30FPS with the default settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »