Home

MyTeam Tournament and Steam Group

This is a discussion on MyTeam Tournament and Steam Group within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
MyTeam Tournament and Steam Group

Hope this is kosher to post on here. There's a Steam group that got put together and was started "through" the Reddit sub by "Jaykonus." It's not meant as a discussion group, so I hope it's not seen as pulling readership/activity away from these OS boards.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NBA2k17Tournaments

We already played one previous tournament with no lineup restrictions and about 8 participants.

This time, there are restrictions to reduce disadvantage for more casual players, and we have 10 (and counting) participants. Oh...and there is a 5,000MT ante for everyone, with winner getting the pot. (EDIT: We actually will probably split pot between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at something like 60/25/15% ratio.) 5K MT is chump change on PC, so this is more for fun than for "profit."

This is for PC/Steam players and this weekend's tournament is North America only. You can sign up here:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NBA...6240741862720/

Joining the group and playing in the tournament is a good way to "meet" new "friends" on Steam. After the first tournament, I ended up adding a few more people to my contact list and, now, it's pretty easy for me to get a Play With Friends game most of the time.

If you're on PC, you know that playing a PvP game anywhere close to on demand, in North America, is pretty much impossible through MTO.

You can read more in that thread, but in case you're just curious, the restriction for lineups is:

1 Diamond and then 2 each from Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Gold, and Silver.

And one can use a lower card in place of a higher slot, of course. (I.e. use a third Amethyst instead of a Diamond.)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »