Home

2K14 opinions, PC vs PS4/XONE

This is a discussion on 2K14 opinions, PC vs PS4/XONE within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
2K14 opinions, PC vs PS4/XONE

Question for those of you who seem to have a firm understanding of the series. My involvement has been patchy in between spending most of my time with other sports games and when I did play NBA games for full seasons it was with NBA Live 99.

So, when people talk about 2K14 and its supremacy in the series with respect to its gameplay and graphics, the realistic lighting, and how subsequent versions ruined all this, are they also talking about about the PC version of 2K14? Or does it not count for that version because it was 'previous gen'. Because putting them side by side I don't see how you can put the PC 2K14 up against PC 2K19 and claim 2K14 looks better? What am I missing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K14 opinions, PC vs PS4/XONE

When people talk about the greatness of 2K14, they're exclusively referring to the PC/PS3/360 versions. the PS4/XBO versions were barebones games released in the transition to a new console generation.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 10:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2K14 opinions, PC vs PS4/XONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
When people talk about the greatness of 2K14, they're exclusively referring to the PC/PS3/360 versions. the PS4/XBO versions were barebones games released in the transition to a new console generation.
Wow. Ok. I mean I'm no stranger to playing games with older graphics (as you know well ) but I just don't get what about 2k14 looks better than 2k19. And it's not one or two people, it's a widely accepted opinion that 2k14 is better in lighting, animations, and gameplay. I see "as good as". But that it's like what people say, that 2k19 is 2k14 but ruined? I just don't see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »