Home

PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works

This is a discussion on PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Yup, all you do is plug in via HDMI from CPU to TV.
10-4 Thanks!
Old 10-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

It's funny, because in 2013 when I first got into PC>TV gaming, I didn't realize how easy it was.

You basically can set everything up just like you would a console.

HDMI from Graphics card to TV
Use of an Xbox One Wireless Controller

But, you now have the perks of mods so you can keep the game fresh, updated, and just overall keep things interesting. And, you can get into modding yourself, tutorials and tools exist (And a lot of help) over at the NLSC.

It's a win win
Old 10-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
MVP

jk31's Arena

I spent 600€ back in 2012 for a PC that is still able to run NBA 2k20 at high settings (well of course it does as there was no graphical improvement since then).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I spent 600€ back in 2012 for a PC that is still able to run NBA 2k20 at high settings (well of course it does as there was no graphical improvement since then).
I mean, obviously that's an exaggeration... graphics have absolutely improved since last gen, and the CPU demands as far as running the game are higher (min and optimal specs required)

However, I am not surprised that your older PC can still run this generations games on high. For example, the R9 270x came out in 2013, and that is a solid card. Again, I could run this gens 2K's with that card and a decent processor on high. I switched to the R9 290x later and than the RX 480 when it was bought for me (My R9 270x fried because I didn't have the proper cooling and was being lazy, which is why I got the R9 290X)

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 10-09-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #13
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I’m nervous about to jump to pc and then around this time next year the new PlayStation and Xbox come out and let a lot of these things I love about pc gaming into their systems. It’s already talk on ray tracing and insanely quick loading times. If they allow mods then did I pull the trigger too quick. I know you can always update your gaming pc but what if the new systems are like high end pc
Old 10-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I’m nervous about to jump to pc and then around this time next year the new PlayStation and Xbox come out and let a lot of these things I love about pc gaming into their systems. It’s already talk on ray tracing and insanely quick loading times. If they allow mods then did I pull the trigger too quick. I know you can always update your gaming pc but what if the new systems are like high end pc
Here is my opinion

1. Don't worry about graphics being equivalent, PC will be a console port but with a chance at slightly better detail given you have the appropriate rig/power

2. PC already has insanely quick load times, so my guess is that it would not be an advantage on console. (My guess)

3. I don't think you will see modding capabilities like on PC, as the hardware will not likely support it (drive/folder/import wise), and because of licensing concerns. Console is the bear in regards to number of users, it is the LARGE majority of the consumer base, PC is just a very small portion of the consumer market. We can get away with certain things on PC (like adding hidden players, having exact looking players like Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller etc who were not officially allowed to be in the game, creating cyberfaces that look just like the real life counterpart using the players real face, etc).

I think player DNA was the next big thing that is similar to "modding", and they continue to add retro content and other content that is similar to the big mods we have on PC. However, obviously with licensing restrictions, the teams are not nearly as complete as what we can make them on PC (given the talented modders are on board making said rosters and changes)

Think about it, over the last few years they have added the DNA stuff, court creator, jersey creator, customizing of logos, moving your team to different cities, etc. I think overall they are doing as much as they can with the restrictions that they have. I dont think console will ever have the full modding capabilities of PC, but they have added "mod" like capabilities to the game.

What would be cool is: If they allowed a "scoreboard customizer", and the jersey/court customizing for offline use (outside of myleague). That would add a ton of value to the offline experience, and showcase the capabilities of the game even more (and the artistic abilities of users).

I think one thing that COULD be implemented is cross platform DNA sharing. A small gaming company (big ant studios) has cross platform DNA sharing in a game called AO Internatiinal Tennis. Say you create Pete Sampras on PS4, I could download your Sampras on PC and on X1. Say I make Sampras with a real cyberface on PC, you an download that on your console. Do I think it will go that far for a big company like 2K with all the exposure they have and different restrictions? No. But I think DNA sharing cross platform on consoles could be something they implement in the future.

Sorry for the long post, part of my response is brainstorming. We honestly have no way to know what the future holds, but the reality is: licensing, marketing, etc certainly factors in.

I fault nobody for staying with console, a lot of content still exists. For me, i have experienced the other side, and it's so glorious that I would have a lot of trouble going back. It will be interesting to see what they do with the next gens systems capabilities.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 10-09-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:28 AM   #15
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Like I said before thanks for this im 37 started feeling like I missed the wave for pc gaming and all the jargon they use to oversell high priced pics. I definitely get what your saying it makes a lot of sense im gonna start doing more research may get a gaming pc around black Friday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #16
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
I mean, obviously that's an exaggeration... graphics have absolutely improved since last gen, and the CPU demands as far as running the game are higher (min and optimal specs required)

However, I am not surprised that your older PC can still run this generations games on high. For example, the R9 270x came out in 2013, and that is a solid card. Again, I could run this gens 2K's with that card and a decent processor on high. I switched to the R9 290x later and than the RX 480 when it was bought for me (My R9 270x fried because I didn't have the proper cooling and was being lazy, which is why I got the R9 290X)

Yeah sure, there was a jump for next gen. But I mean during the gen we have right now, there was no graphical improvement at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »