Home

PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works

This is a discussion on PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #25
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works

Installing mods is easy, once you get to download the needed files and have the mods folder. It is simply drag and drop into the folder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

So this thread has definitely got me thinking...couple questions for anybody who has experience...1) after looking at setups it looks like desktop is the way to go, other than heating issues does anybody have any other reason for going desktop over laptop...2) when it comes to modding can u take mods from 2k19 and use them on 2k20, I checked the modding website and there were a bunch of mods for nba 2k19 but not as many for 2k20...I know it’s still early and they’ll be more 2k20 added
Old 10-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #27
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1212
So this thread has definitely got me thinking...couple questions for anybody who has experience...1) after looking at setups it looks like desktop is the way to go, other than heating issues does anybody have any other reason for going desktop over laptop...2) when it comes to modding can u take mods from 2k19 and use them on 2k20, I checked the modding website and there were a bunch of mods for nba 2k19 but not as many for 2k20...I know it’s still early and they’ll be more 2k20 added
some Mods from 2k19 are compatible with 2k20,some are Not. you have to try that out.

what can people recommend for a New PC setup? my graphics card just gave up. keep in mind that a New rig should be able keep up with next gen 2k.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #28
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Using mods is INCREDIBLY easy. And I reccomend looking into the many on NLSC. So many great scoreboard mods exist for ESPN, TNT, as well as a ton of accurate retro scoreboards. Hundreds of face updates have already been made by talented modders to make the players more accurate (hair styles, facial hair etc as well). Courts and arenas that have the accurate sponsors and logos around the arena (and proper looking courts in general) etc etc.

When you get your hands on the PC version, let me know. I'll shoot you a quick tutorial on how to install mods.

Alright, finally got the PC version installed on my PC. First question is, the graphics look a little fuzzy and not as sharp as I think it should look. I did a little search on google to trouble shoot but nothing seems to be working. They don’t look terrible but seem like they are running slightly below 1080p even though all of the graphics settings are set to high/ultra.
New PC Build: i7 10700K, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB 3200mhz), RTX 2070 Super, Z490 Aorus Elite AC M/B, EVGA 240 mm AIO, 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans, Corsair RMx750 Watt PSU, and Lian Li Dynamic XL Case (white)
Old 10-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUXUGrad
Alright, finally got the PC version installed on my PC. First question is, the graphics look a little fuzzy and not as sharp as I think it should look. I did a little search on google to trouble shoot but nothing seems to be working. They don’t look terrible but seem like they are running slightly below 1080p even though all of the graphics settings are set to high/ultra.
Go into your video settings in the game, and make sure everything is maxed out on high or ultra (whatever is the best one available). Try your Antialiasing at 8 for starters.

Certainly shouldnt be fuzzy.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #30
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Go into your video settings in the game, and make sure everything is maxed out on high or ultra (whatever is the best one available). Try your Antialiasing at 8 for starters.

Certainly shouldnt be fuzzy.
Tried that and still seems a bit fuzzy/soft. I have the resolution set at 1080p and everything is set to ultra/high but it just seems the picture doesn’t really pop?
New PC Build: i7 10700K, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB 3200mhz), RTX 2070 Super, Z490 Aorus Elite AC M/B, EVGA 240 mm AIO, 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans, Corsair RMx750 Watt PSU, and Lian Li Dynamic XL Case (white)
Old 10-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUXUGrad
Tried that and still seems a bit fuzzy/soft. I have the resolution set at 1080p and everything is set to ultra/high but it just seems the picture doesn’t really pop?
Are you playing on a monitor or TV?

If a TV, have you messed with those settings?

Just brainstorming here. I play on my TV and it looks great, players pop and the picture is clear
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 10:24 PM   #32
MVP

Restart the game if you dont see a difference. I think the game has medium to low textures by default until you change it. Then you have to restart to see new texture resolution

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »