Home

Steam not installing all game file folders

This is a discussion on Steam not installing all game file folders within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Rookie

AltWorlds's Arena

OVR: 0
Steam not installing all game file folders

I've had this problem with '17 and '18 as well. It always seems to be different folders. This time, it appears to be a pretty big folder. I can't play MyCareer at all; all I get is a flickering green screen, and I have to exit through Task Manager. Also, every year, I gradually lose the ability to save things. Right now, I only have two leagues set up in MyLeague and I can't save to a new slot. If I download another player's team design, the logos off their uniforms are missing, though I can see the uniform logos from my own team designs. These are just a few of the problems I'm having this year -- yet this is still better than '17 or '18, where I couldn't save anything, at all, anywhere in the game, again, thanks to missing file folders that 2K couldn't recover.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #2
Rookie

AltWorlds's Arena

Re: Steam not installing all game file folders

This is what it looks like:
https://youtu.be/ikdawq_-F64

Does anyone else get this screen when they go to MyCareer?

Last edited by AltWorlds; 11-19-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:53 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

Have you run the steam "file integrity" check?
Old 11-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

AltWorlds's Arena

Many, many times, and it's never done anything to add the missing file folders. Reinstalled many, many times. Different versions of the game, from '17 to '20. Different computers. In different states. For 2K17, I worked with 2K Support for months trying to figure out why I was missing files, getting deep into the game coding, and there was no way to get them.

In talking with other players, it seems I have a unique conflict between my Steam account and all the iterations of the 2K games, and since Steam doesn't have real, actual, human customer support, nothing can be done. My next step is to purchase the game via GameStop and see if that resolves it.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:19 PM   #5
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

My game keeps crashing when I try quick play games. No idea why. Tried reinstalling driver but nothing seems to work. Re installed game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltWorlds
Many, many times, and it's never done anything to add the missing file folders. Reinstalled many, many times. Different versions of the game, from '17 to '20. Different computers. In different states. For 2K17, I worked with 2K Support for months trying to figure out why I was missing files, getting deep into the game coding, and there was no way to get them.

In talking with other players, it seems I have a unique conflict between my Steam account and all the iterations of the 2K games, and since Steam doesn't have real, actual, human customer support, nothing can be done. My next step is to purchase the game via GameStop and see if that resolves it.

What should that solve? For PC you can only download the game via steam. I remember the last time I bought the "physical copy" of the game it was just a Steam Key in a box.

Seems like you dug deep into that issue, but do you run steam as an administrator?
Old 11-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
Rookie

AltWorlds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
What should that solve? For PC you can only download the game via steam. I remember the last time I bought the "physical copy" of the game it was just a Steam Key in a box.

Seems like you dug deep into that issue, but do you run steam as an administrator?
Running Steam as an administrator has never fixed the problem. But maybe it's worth one more shot.

And I'm not talking about getting a "physical" copy of the game from Gamestop. I'm talking about this: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games.../11095059.html

Does that just go to Steam?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »