Home

How is 2K21 interior defense and defensive settings on PC?

This is a discussion on How is 2K21 interior defense and defensive settings on PC? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
How is 2K21 interior defense and defensive settings on PC?

I've been reading about how bad the paint defense is on 2K21 next gen and how defensive settings don't seem to be working. Is it the case on 2K21 pc aswell? What do sim people think?

I'am playing 2K18 but I would like to enjoy the more recent mods. Is the game good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #2
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How is 2K21 interior defense and defensive settings on PC?

i can't address your first question because i haven't played enough yet to give my answer.

but the pc version is based off the ps4/xbox one version of the game, and not the next-gen consoles. so they problems in the next-gen versions shouldn't be an issue.

i recently upgraded from 2k19 and I like it so far. the player movement is much better than what I was playing. I'm sure you'll think it's an improvement over 18.

What mods are you looking into?
Old 02-24-2021, 04:51 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Interior D in 2k21 is the worst it has ever been.

AI teammates are non aware of basically anything and even if they recognize that they need to rotate, in most cases they are too slow (even with elite defenders like Gobert and such). Compared with the fact, that the shot contest system and/or contacts on drive are basically nonexistent, you will see lots of points in the paint. Additionally ther defensive settings are not working consistently. Some of the settings get ignored every time, some of the settings only work sometimes.

In our online league, we have league highs all over the board for shot percentage in the paint, while every team shows all time lows for defensive rating. Defensive ratings are so bad, even the best team is still worse than the worst team in the real NBA. The best team has a similar DRTG like the league average last year with 2k20.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Thanks for the info guys. That's what I was worried about.

I would mainly play against the CPU in my league, you guys played against the CPU this year ? But the interior defense and broken defensive settings are probably a no no for me unfortunately. 2K18 has flaws of its own but settings work.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

After reading some more impressions of old gen 2k21 I'am going to pass. The help defense seems to be broken unfortunately. I will wait for 22. Still having a lot of fun with 2k18 my league. It's a bit hard to find mods now though, a lot of links are no more.

Cheers guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2021, 09:18 AM   #6
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Hmmm...I only play offline, I know off-ball defense is frowned upon, but in a help situation I always control the low man and rotate him myself.

I can't imagine how frustrated I would be if I let the AI handle the rotations while I tried to stop the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »