Home

****Audio Thoughts Wanted****

This is a discussion on ****Audio Thoughts Wanted**** within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #25
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: ****Audio Thoughts Wanted****

1/different sounds at different arenas(detroit basketball...for example)
2/different free throw sounds
3/i agree we need a sideline reporter
4/more excitement in close games in the 4th
5/ more excitement on big dunks on fast breaks and in traffic

overall....as i said last year and the year before,there really needs to be a change in atmosphere in the playoffs. Can't be that hard to have different levels surely
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #26
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Audio Thoughts Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml9
This is great stuff guys. We've already added a few new things in our scripts. Keep the ideas coming.

As for MVP chants, they should still be in and trigger when the player's at the freethrow line. Has anybody heard this in Live 09? I hope it didn't break.

We'll capture a bunch of new player specific lines this year to get some more relevant info in the game. I'll get the Jellybean line pulled. I agree, Kobe's accomplished so much over the past decade that there's better things to talk about for him.

I was talking to our Sound Artist yesterday and we're planning on reviewing our ramp up audio. Right now it ramps up in the last two minutes of a close game. But, we'd like to get it playing in more situations. Glad to know we're on the same page with that one.

Melman - Sweet post. We just worked with the NBA to record that last Phoenix - Cleveland game and we're going to be pulling a lot of crowd cheers and murmers from there. We definitely want to give this a little freshen up.

I'm curious to know more specific arena specific sounds (ie. Detroit sound when they hit a 3). The more specific the better. We have a few of these, but not many.

As for player speech. I've started going through some stuff from the last NBA Street to see if we can use anything from their game that'll give us what you're hoping to hear.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to hearing more.
At the Target Center when opposing teams shoots free throws there is howling sound of a pack of wolves..
Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hire Houston's PA announcer John Paul Stevenson to do all the PA stuff, he has a crazy voice. Youtube and you'll see. I also have more stuff to add on to this thread, but I'll get to them tomorow.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
"Good job by X" needs to be kept.

And can we please have the entrance back?
It's not a horrible line, but it is said way too much for me, maybe it's because I dont use the defensive assist, but I hear it every other time down the floor.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #29
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

Vince Carter
-When he hits a 3 pointer. "That's a V-C Threeeeeeeee!
-When he does an acrobatic layup or dunk. "Did you see VC!?"

That's obviously when games are @NJ with their PA.

Need more stadium anthem music.
- "Everybody clap your hands, clap clap clap - clap your hands"
- "DE-FENSE DE-FENSE"

Arena specific chants that I can think of right now.

-"DE-TROIT BASKETBALL!" on turnovers during key stretches of the game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiKGT...eature=related

-"LETS GO HEAT, LETS GO HEAT!" chant. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDRItLtlEs8

-Knicks organ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM5TpM6Rttg

-Rockets Intro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJfdVb00wiA -- I realize you guys may not be able to take the voices from every team, but doing that basic line with 1 voice and inserting the team name would add much realism. Just listen to his emphatic voice with the home team after someone scores or is introduced - they yell and draw out the name ..and towards the end of the video, they just calmly say the other teams players...That's how 90% of the arenas are.

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 03-31-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 36

how bout the beat la chant and the pa announcer at the q saying the Cleeeeevland Caaaavlieeeeeeerrrrrs and at america west arena and staples saying are you reeeaaaaaadddddy!! and just more arena music like the msg organ and the wachovia center organ. Also at the wachovia center after the sixers make a three they have a sound where it sounds like a bomb dropping and then glass breaking. Another things is when the game is close and the sixers have the ball Matt Cord(PA announcer) will play a voice that says get up out of your seat go to the window and the crowd yells lets go sixers with the beat from the organ. Sixers fans know what I mean.

Last edited by Jamin23; 03-31-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:07 PM   #31
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

I'll chime in since I seem to be the main Nuggets guy around here and spend a lot of my time attending games at The Can:

The PA announcer says the following for Nuggets players when they score:

Chris Andersen - "BIRDMAAAAAN!" (similar to the "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" sound ha)
Carmelo Anthony - Normally he says, "Me-lo" *think Harry Belafonte* and then the crowd responds, "Me-lo".. he will also just say "Carmelo Anthony" sometimes
Renaldo Balkman - similar to Chauncey, just says his name really clearly
Chauncey Billups - normally just says "Chaun-cey Billups", sometimes he'll say, "Mr. Big Shot"
Anthony Carter - "AC" (pronounced, "Ay-Ceeeeeeeeeeeee") with a long trail on the "e" sound
Dahntay Jones - normally just says "Dahntay" but sometimes he'll give him a "D. Jones"
Linas Kleiza - "LK" is what he gets called most of the time... if it's a dunk/layup he normally says "The L-Train, coming through"
Kenyon Martin - normally, he just says "K-Mart" or his full name
Nene -- just says "Nene" in a big and commanding way "Ne-NAY"
JR Smith -- sometimes calls im "The Prodigy", but it's usually just "JR Smith"

After three-pointers, he always says "*player name* for one, two, three" and the crowd joins in on the "three" part.

After dunks, he'll normally say, "*player name* with the JAAAAAAAM"

Aside from that, there's not too much unique about the Nuggets PA announcer. Hope that helps... the main stuff to get right would be the "Me-lo" interaction with the crowd and the "for one, two, three" involving the crowd... would go a long way towards making the broadcast/arena seem as real as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #32
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Talk about past performances during Dynasty mode like "Rip Hamilton went for 20 points and 4 boards in his last outing vs. the Wizards and is looking to continue his good play Tonight against the Kings" Something like that.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »