Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #1537
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
My biggest gripe about NBA Live 10 are the cartoony graphics.
I want to love this game because Marcus is a good guy and a bit of a friend (I met him at the NCAA Basketball 09 event and have chatted with him online since 2004).
But those cartoony graphics are driving me crazy.
I am not anti-NBA Live whatsoever. I want both games to be great ... but whenever I play the Live demo, I feel like I'm looking at a cartoon.

I know that sounds stupid ... but IMO they overdid the graphics.
Yeah, cartoony is a good way to describe them. I still like the 2k graphics better.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #1538
Pro

OVR: 8

Does anyone notice the sound cut out once in awhile? I have 5.1 surround and occasionally it sounds like it cuts out for a split second...I've played the PS3 demo too and didn't have that problem...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #1539
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I just turned down the speed in the demo 6 or 7 clicks and now, you can really feel the basketball coming out. I was a big fan of the demo before but, I felt it was a little to quick. Now, that I put the speed down, WOW is all I can say.

Anyway else think it was a little to fast?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #1540
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I just turned down the speed in the demo 6 or 7 clicks and now, you can really feel the basketball coming out. I was a big fan of the demo before but, I felt it was a little to quick. Now, that I put the speed down, WOW is all I can say.

one thing i noticed about turning down the speed was a few guys speed bursts wouldnt work while trying to run downcourt on a fastbreak. at least thats what i noticed.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:02 AM   #1541
MVP

OVR: 32

I bleed purple and gold, so everytime I wil play I would run with tha lakers.. So just now i decided to give a go with The Magic... The difference in team playstyle was amazing.... I did not what to do, I am so a custom to running the tri-angle now... On the old school lives 97-05 (that I played) I could use any team and play my style and blow you out.. This year not so fast you play the teams playstyle. AMAZING I am sold, Mike Wang & Team EA in 1yr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #1542
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32

I feel you, Dirty. I did the same. And not much else seems needed to be adjusted.

The more and more I play the demo, the more impressed I am. There's so much fluidity in the animations, change of momentum, general player movement, and interaction! With the amount of pressure I apply to the sticks, the players momentum changes so nicely. The difference in passing schemes are good. I like that the flashy passes are with the stick. And I can use it anytime, giving me more control of my actions, and not by chance. The defense in this game feels very good. Nothing cheesy, or forced. Just good, solid D. And the player models, coupled with the great fluidity of their movement have me mesmerized! I really like the graphics now! The sweat detail, and the lighting! I am truly impressed. While I'm impressed with Madden's upgrade, I think Live's margin of upgrade is much more wide. Everything just flows in this game. Players do all of the little things, even while standing still. At no time do I really feel like I'm taken out of the experience. Because the players seem so alive. This is a real basketball game, no doubt. This game feels like a real total package. Great graphics, attention to detail, animations, control, physics, fluidity, A.I., off-the-ball movement, interaction, commentary....wow! This game is just beautiful, period.
THIS is "next-gen" ballin'.

This is probaly the best b-ball game I've ever played.

Last edited by LAKE4742; 10-03-2009 at 12:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »