Home

NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #105
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces

I agree man.....I think most of us just take these for what they are...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by awr0430
Honestly 40% of these faces are horrific...If it werent for me knowing the starting player on every team alot of these people would be unrecognizable. Just my opinion. 2k10 didnt do alot better as about 30% of their players are also horrific. But overall they could both do better.

However, i do like the hair models in Live. I am tired of the cut and paste look 2k is constantly going with.
A little harsh .... It is not as easy as you think it might be. I am a artist and everyone i do is not perfect. But your numbers are a little inflated they are not that bad or as you will say horrific.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #107
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I've seen maybe a total of 10 to 11 guys that might have been off by minor hair details to a head size, but all the rest of them were spot on. Absolutely the best face details I've ever seen in a video game basketball game.

Bar none they take the trophy this season on graphics.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 10

I don't know about anyone else, but judging from alot of these comments, it seems alot of people expect everything to be perfect about these games. When I hear images of the starting line ups are up, I immediately get ready to see which players they did well, and which were crap. Theres always crap in the bag, or the odd thing like player complexion or hair/beard style etc. They improved over lasts years game and thats good of course. I think a large percentage was very well done.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by awr0430
Honestly 40% of these faces are horrific...If it werent for me knowing the starting player on every team alot of these people would be unrecognizable. Just my opinion. 2k10 didnt do alot better as about 30% of their players are also horrific. But overall they could both do better.

However, i do like the hair models in Live. I am tired of the cut and paste look 2k is constantly going with.
I just cant agree with this.

Nba Live 10
Old 09-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #110
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Most of these are passible. But the bad ones stand out. Haywood looks like Dave Chappelle. Dampier hasnt had hair in how long? He looks like hes gonna cry too. Monte Ellis...someone please get Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine immediately. Bibby has that Mr. Magoo face, hes always sad looking.
Wow what happened to the Knicks.... they all look bad. Troy Murphy looks like Squidworth. Rose looks nothing like him, Monte, Roy, Kmart Granger are all too dark. CP3 looks like Pookie from New Jack City. They did Wilcox?Sjaxdirty.
Most of the white guys look a lot better than last years. Whew they fixed Dirk, he doesnt look like Nick Nolte this year.
The very dark players like Zbo, Deng, Haslem, Kurt Thomas look like they belong in RE5 not this game. Wade/Calderon/KevMart/Kidd are spot on. Seems both games have a lot of misses more than hits.

Edit: After looking thru them again, they look Looney Tunish as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 09-28-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 4
ummmm I don't know what you all are looking at but these faces are not that great. I would even go as far to say that at least 1/3 are just terrible. I do like the hair a lot though

I do not like what 2k is doing with the pasty hair but I do think that the players faces look better.

LOL @ the guy who pointed out Rips asymmetrical facial hair...some of you guys just really kill me how far you go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #112
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Can't please everybody. I for one think that the vast majority of these players look spot on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »