Home

Ask The Devs a Question Thread II

This is a discussion on Ask The Devs a Question Thread II within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #377
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Ask The Devs a Question Thread II

how big a role will player individual ratings play if you are letting the shotstick determine if the ball goes in. Shaq wont be hitting jumpers will he ?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #378
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not sure why exactly, but since the Atlanta Hawks changed their uniforms, in EA sports games the mascot (Harry the Hawk) still has the old uniform on (which is incorrect).

At first I thoughtit was an oversight....... but it's been this way for the past 3 NBA Lives, and in a clip of NBA Jam I even noticed it there as well.

Can an EA Developet please correct this for Elite 11.

Not a huge deal I know, but it's ridiculous for it to be in the game for this long. Plus as a Hawks fan, it's things like this that take away from the 'immersion' of the game.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #379
Rookie

Also, and for PS3 users, I would suggest that this is very important.

I realize that the game is made for 360 and ported to PS3, but to use a hair system that doesn't work properly on both platforms is terrible.

This is very distracting.

Will this be addressed in Elite 11?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #380
Banned

OVR: 12

Will you guys do something about ratings and hidden team ratings affecting gameplay? I felt when Live 10 first came out they game played VERY sim and it seemed like basketball strategy was king. Running plays mattered. But as time went on the game gravitated more and more to NBA 2K9 and was a mess. My guess was the ratings and even some hidden momentum was just killing the gameplay. I really hope you guys establish some baselines where a rating goes no lower or higher than a certain point so as gameplay just doesn't plain break.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #381
Banned

OVR: 1

Hi guys, I really appreciate what you're doing here. Much better than 2K's customer support, I have to say.

Anyway, can you please remove backcourt charges altogether? Not only does it make online play very annoying, in the NBA, there is absolutely no reason anyone should take a charge in the backcourt. Maybe you can turn it back on with 2 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter to pressure the opponent, but otherwise, I don't see why it should even be there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #382
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasheemThabeet
Hi guys, I really appreciate what you're doing here. Much better than 2K's customer support, I have to say.

My oh my.. I'm no fanboy at all. But it seems that you definitely don't realise that both, EA and 2K, have very different marketing strategies they're following... Wait till late august (best case scenario) and 2K will start to spread some more infos too.

Greetz
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #383
Banned

OVR: 12

What I want to know is will you guys try to keep the rating differential in check. I feel that after you account for team rating, momentum and player ratings some players were just gameplay breaking out of control. It would affect teams too strongly that things were happening on the court that would never happen in a real game. Some players became enormously inept while other players seem to go through an entire team singlehandedly without any resistance even if you see it coming and KNOW it's coming. In real life if Lebron James decides to just run straight at the basket and the team knew it, I mean KNEW it for a fact he would never score.

Basically I'm asking if you guys will keep the ratings within a certain range behind the scenes and if you must cater to the "fun" crowd at least have a lobby where the ratings could be marginalized to keep the gameplay tight and realistic. Where you can go off with a great player but you have to work for it still. Run some plays, burn an opponent in one fashion and then switch it up with the hot player in another fashion to score. I'm not asking for the players not to be able to do anything but I'm asking don't have the game help the souped up rated player out when the other guy has him figured out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »