Home

Teams played with online....

This is a discussion on Teams played with online.... within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Teams played with online....

Do EA devs play online games just to get a feel of how it plays?

I think the sliding online is even worse than the no fatigue and stepback three's.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree, I see the same exact teams. I wish EA would add a Favorite Team in the profiles so we could get a hint of what team they'll likely choose. It feels good to beat these teams though. Especially when they disconnect before the game ends. One guy even disconnected after the final buzzer went off. What's the point of that? lol
Old 10-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
I agree, I see the same exact teams. I wish EA would add a Favorite Team in the profiles so we could get a hint of what team they'll likely choose. It feels good to beat these teams though. Especially when they disconnect before the game ends. One guy even disconnected after the final buzzer went off. What's the point of that? lol
Anybody that does this care to chime in? I'd like to hear your logic for why you think it's fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Alright, so I just finished playing a user named DoPeStEr12. Avoid this guy at all costs. He was the Magic and he would pause the game every minute to send me messages containing profanity. I'm pissed because I was just trying to play the game and I actually had a decent lead in the 4th. But then he just started launching three pointers which eventually got him back into the game. He ended up winning and Jameer Nelson finished 7/10 from three.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Give me a minute to vent.... And I know this is the same thing year in and year out.......I am sick and tired of having to play the same teams in online matches...Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, and Magic!! Do people who actually use other teams, exist??

I'm also tired of this...Guys select one of the above mentioned top notch teams after seeing I have clearly chosen to take the Warriors, which I'm obviously not going to go for... So to make things even, I take the Lakers or any of the other top teams, depending on which top team my competition takes, and guys get pissy and quit before the game even starts....So let me get this straight...It's fair for you to take a top notch team, but not me? Seriously?

Also, how's it fair that you think you're going to take the Lakers, to play against my Warriors? You gotta be kidding me with this online madness! Whatever ever happened to a "good, fair game"? I'll tell you what, if anyone cares to play an even matched team, drop your xbox live gamer tag here or PM me. I'll play as the Warriors and all I ask is that my competition takes a closely matched team and plays a sim style game...Man I'm tired of this.... And to top it all off, I can't find a single soul in the "sim heads" lobby to play a decent game!!!!
You forgot the few Memphis bandwagoners out their as well.

I agree with you man, I was saying this same thing in another thread. It's like where are the Bucks, Timberwolves, Heat, Nets, Wizards, Hawks, Clippers, Spurs, (I guess since Yao is out we won't be seeing them Rocket bandwagoners either).

It's sickening. But the good thing about it is, those teams can still be beat with lower tier teams if you play sound basketball. Only thing that's extremely difficult to stop right now is the 3's, and when some people use the off ball control and run straight to the rim (This reason this is hard to stop is because the A.I. always lags behind when they run to the hoop) for an easy layup or dunk.

If EA fixes the 3's and off ball control exploit (give user more defensive options). I truely believe all those teams you mention can be beat with any team you decide to play with.

T.I.P: One way to slow down (not completely stop) those 3 point bombers who use Nelson, Mo Will, etc is to guard the spots right between the top of the 3pt line and the corners. That's where the 3pt% is most effective at (almost on some double dribble exploit type of stuff). So with that said, I know this may sound crazy but don't even really guard them so to speak just go to those spots and just sit. The result is they'll either shoot the 3 from the top of the 3pt line where the % is less effective, or try to drive in for a contested shot/layup. I forgot to mention that while your doing this your also holding down the double team button to provide some extra help.

Also a ? for the devs. Why is it that while I'm holding down the double team button the player that I'm in control of is unable to move around effectively? It's like he's slowed down like in quick sand or something and I can't move around with him like I can normally while I'm not holding down on the double team button.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Everytime u find a sim user instantly add to friends list. Ive found a couple users who don't use the step back 3 technique and want to play sim, so I log on and play friend games.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

Off course most people are going to use the monster teams. There needs to be a strong incentive for people to use a variety of teams otherwise there's no reason most people won't use the best teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

as soon as the finals were over i said to myself (being a magic fan sence 1989 when the franchise has its first season) guess now when nba live 10 comes out everyone is gonnia be like o great hes useing the best team in the game...being a magic fan iam getting tired of playing nobody but the lakers or cavs online...is it my fault ive been a magic fan ever sence the donald royal, tree rolians, scott skiles...(i can go on) days??? it it my fault i like to use my team online???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »