Home

NBA LIVE 10 Dynasty Issues Thread

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 10 Dynasty Issues Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NBA LIVE 10 Dynasty Issues Thread

Stats engine is horrible.

1. Why is every teams scoring leader a perimeter player?

FIX- I did find one. It's because every big man's shooter mentality is set to 0, BUT if you try and change it their rating goes to 99.

2. Certain guards who get boards in real life never do on here. Even if I change their rebounding rating they don't get em. An example is Rondo, his REB avg for the season is never above 2.

3. Way to many 3's attempted per year. Specially big men. Once again this deals with their rating and the 3 point shooting likelihood being set to 50. Why did they even do this? And if I even try and adjust the rating they also go to a 99 overall...

4. Why don't superstar players like Lebron, Dwade, get more stats then just points? Lebron's averages aren't even close to what he averaged last year (rebounds, assist, minutes) Go sim a season and look at their stats from that year and their stats from real life (year before)
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Simulation stats, player rotation and ability to control more than one team are the biggest issues for me right now.

But as said, the presentation is bleh. Makes me feel depressed lol.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG4L
Stats engine is horrible.

1. Why is every teams scoring leader a perimeter player?

FIX- I did find one. It's because every big man's shooter mentality is set to 0, BUT if you try and change it their rating goes to 99.

2. Certain guards who get boards in real life never do on here. Even if I change their rebounding rating they don't get em. An example is Rondo, his REB avg for the season is never above 2.

3. Way to many 3's attempted per year. Specially big men. Once again this deals with their rating and the 3 point shooting likelihood being set to 50. Why did they even do this? And if I even try and adjust the rating they also go to a 99 overall...

4. Why don't superstar players like Lebron, Dwade, get more stats then just points? Lebron's averages aren't even close to what he averaged last year (rebounds, assist, minutes) Go sim a season and look at their stats from that year and their stats from real life (year before)

i too tried to edit shooter mentality, but the dna is what controls it all, the scoring breakdown raise his " guard" % and they will score more

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Subject: Superstars don't play like superstars

Body: Superstars like Kobe and LeBron don't play like superstars. They don't take control of games. They don't demand the ball in tight situations. They don't go off for big games when a user plays against them on the CPU team.

Fix: Create a clutch zeitgeist for each team, some rating that tracks the game situation - score, is someone on the other team going off big, has the opposition had a big run, is it the playoffs, is it the finals, other things that have to do with a player knowing it's time to takeoff.

Give different players the ability to tap into the zeitgeist. A guy like Kobe, for example, would tap in more often and know when it's time to explode. A choker would tap into it and react negatively.

For example, I'm playing the Lakers and I'm having a huge game with LeBron. Kobe taps into the zeitgeist, he knows something big is happening, and he reacts appropriately. Or at the beginning of a game against me after I put a big hurt on them in the last game, Kobe taps into that zeitgeist and wants to make a statement. He drops 15 in the first quarter.

Did you ever play Atari basketball? The better you played, the bigger your lead, the better the CPU played. When things really got bad for the CPU it would shake around. To a player it looked like the CPU knew the score and even got angry when it was losing.

It may not sound like a Dynasty issue, but it is. Just as there is dynamic commentary, game to game what the teams and players do should change based on what happened in the past. This zeitgeist would allow superstars to take it to the next level, partially based on what is happening in the league - in a tough playoff series for example.

Last edited by fjccommish; 10-24-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:07 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Subject: Cpu Trades

Problem: Cpu making dumb trades that don't make sense.

Fix: have the cpu make rational decisions before making a trade or have an option to turn trades off!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense
Subject: Cpu Trades

Problem: Cpu making dumb trades that don't make sense.

Fix: have the cpu make rational decisions before making a trade or have an option to turn trades off!!!!!!
Yeah, I agree I figured they would have at least tried to fix this by now. It's been the same poor trade logic for years.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i too tried to edit shooter mentality, but the dna is what controls it all, the scoring breakdown raise his " guard" % and they will score more

I changed Aldrige's shooter's mentality to 85 once and during the course of a season he averaged 18 ppg.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Subject: No in-game injuries

Body: No in-game injuries

Fix: have players get injuried while playing a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »