Home

DNA/Dynamic Season Correction Thread

This is a discussion on DNA/Dynamic Season Correction Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 AM   #81
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: DNA/Dynamic Season Correction Thread

Agree totally re no mode that grabs you.

I am cruising through my 2K10 season...it's got me completely hooked. College Hoops also had me hooked for ages.

LIVE will be fun come playoff time for that mode, but it's terrible for season mode and dnasty mode.

I am interested in what they'll come out with for patch 2 though.

It's been a long time since the first patch dropped. The 2nd one has been "working on" status for ages. Surely they'll come out with something meaty? 2K added new animations and new defensive AI code.

LIVE can surely come out with a transition game fix? Rebounds fixed etc? It's been a long time...this is their chance to step up.

A "we've tighted the gameplay and made it harder to shoot 3 pointers online" type patch would be very poor after this long.

A kick *** patch with legit gameplay stuff would be a huge step forward for EA basketball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 9

Well, i've read somewhere here from a producer that guys working on DNA updates has been changed and for the new guys to sort everything out took a little time, i believe that's the reason why it was that bad at the begining.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #83
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

The game ships with last years cumulative DNA... I think its a bit of a placebo affect that it is 'messed' up at the beginning of the year.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #84
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
The game ships with last years cumulative DNA... I think its a bit of a placebo affect that it is 'messed' up at the beginning of the year.
Out of the box...Mo Williams would take 25 shots a game while LeBron stood around watching on the wings shooting 3s.

With the DNA from last week...LBJ brought the ball up, shot from the type of places he does in the NBA, drove, pulled up. Perfect.

That seems more than a placebo effect? Seems like legit changes.

I know you probably can't answer...but the DNA seems to have got guys like LeBron, Wade, Kobe down perfect.

But bigs like Shaq and co. are not even close. Is it just that the game lacks a post game and therefore DNA can't help those guys? The swingmen and guards are some of the best I've seen in an any NBA game with the the DNA
Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #85
Rookie

chrisbosh4's Arena

OVR: 7

can tattoos be addressed on dna? Lots of players missing there tats like wilson chandler, j.moon, larry hughes tattoos are not complete. would be great if this was addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 AM   #86
Banned

OVR: 12

You guys ever think that maybe the DNA stuff is off in the beginning is because possibly with teams making moves in the off season the DNA wont have a flow of how all these guys will play together? Couple that with some teams getting DNA updates as they head into the playoffs also. One thing I notice with real life playoff action versus regular season action is that teams play very different than usual.

PS: I wish someone would give us the word on why the sim lobby went down in difficulty. I don't want to be "that guy" but I'd like to know.

Last edited by randombrother; 12-02-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #87
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
You guys ever think that maybe the DNA stuff is off in the beginning is because possibly with teams making moves in the off season the DNA wont have a flow of how all these guys will play together? Couple that with some teams getting DNA updates as they head into the playoffs also. One thing I notice with real life playoff action versus regular season action is that teams play very different than usual.
That still doesn't explain why teams like Memphis have every single player with 50 for mid-range shot likelihood out of the box, and still isn't corrected yet.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #88
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That still doesn't explain why teams like Memphis have every single player with 50 for mid-range shot likelihood out of the box, and still isn't corrected yet.

agreed!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »