Home

NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York

Czar, I've asked this question of the dev's several time and have gotten no response, but did anyone explain to you why they didn't just put the full range of speed on the left analog?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 4

the thing you people don't understand is that if somebody does play ****ty defense they SHOULD get killed with an "unrealistic" shooting percentage. if an nba team played defense like some people play online, the opposing team would be shooting in the 80 percents. that is realistic.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #67
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
Czar, I've asked this question of the dev's several time and have gotten no response, but did anyone explain to you why they didn't just put the full range of speed on the left analog?
Great question Load. I haven't asked and no one has mentioned it. But they have said that they are still tweaking that aspect to try and get it to feel right. From the time I have spent with these companies there is one thing I definitely know for sure. That is that almost everything you see in a game is there because it solves some sort of problem or issue. Now it may cause many more but there is always a tradeoff when making these games.

As I said last I heard they were still working on this area. Maybe start a detail thread talking about how you would like to see it implemented and maybe that can give them some ideas or get them to test it out if they have time.

If i find out something on this and its not a top secret deal I will def let you know Fam !
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #68
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomonkey
the thing you people don't understand is that if somebody does play ****ty defense they SHOULD get killed with an "unrealistic" shooting percentage. if an nba team played defense like some people play online, the opposing team would be shooting in the 80 percents. that is realistic.
Sup thomonkey. In theory, while a bit of an exaggeration, your right, If were talking over the course of a game or two against a bad defensive team and if your hot you can shoot a high percentage. Maybe not 80 but high.

However a bad defensive team would probably be giving up layups and dunks and offensive rebounds and things like that. With this system against a poor defender you could have guys shooting 60 % off of jumpers if they are wide open.

since no one has yet played a build with all the defensive stuff effecting the sweet spot and in a 5 on 5 situation we don't really know. I'm definitely intrigued though and there will definitely be two completely different and hopefully excellent games to choose from which is what I know a lot of us want.

I don't think we can loose this year.

From a me vs you standpoint that could be pretty entertaining as long as your playing with people of equal skill level and there are no major exploits.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomonkey
I agree with this. The sim part of the game shouldn't be the score. The sim should be what your players on the court are able to do and the X factor is what can YOU do with them.

So if some chump runs with the Cavs all day and truly sucks at BBall IQ , has no idea there is even a pass button and thinks just by making a couple of dumb juke moves without setting anything up should get him the win he should lose and lose bad against the worse defensive team as long as THAT guy knows how to move his pieces on the hardwood chessboard. He knows how to bring the help, he knows exactly what this guy is going to do and get ready to combat it the he should destroy the Cavs.

See one thing people don't seems to realize is that these elite players aren't dummies. It's hard to defend a Kobe or Lebron because they can do you with the rock OR they can set you up for the kickout to the open man. See it's that "OR" that makes them lethal. But if you KNOW for a fact that he'll never trust his squad and once he gets the rock it's never leaving his hands then playing defense is that much easier. And if they played like these guys online where you ABSOLUTELY KNOW FOR A FACT the guy ain't passing then he should be getting stopped often and frequently by a guy who knows his defense.

Don't take my word on it just look at real life. When Kobe didn't trust his squad they didn't do squat. Once he started trusting his squad look at the rings start rolling in.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I agree with this. The sim part of the game shouldn't be the score. The sim should be what your players on the court are able to do and the X factor is what can YOU do with them.

So if some chump runs with the Cavs all day and truly sucks at BBall IQ , has no idea there is even a pass button and thinks just by making a couple of dumb juke moves without setting anything up should get him the win he should lose and lose bad against the worse defensive team as long as THAT guy knows how to move his pieces on the hardwood chessboard. He knows how to bring the help, he knows exactly what this guy is going to do and get ready to combat it the he should destroy the Cavs.

See one thing people don't seems to realize is that these elite players aren't dummies. It's hard to defend a Kobe or Lebron because they can do you with the rock OR they can set you up for the kickout to the open man. See it's that "OR" that makes them lethal. But if you KNOW for a fact that he'll never trust his squad and once he gets the rock it's never leaving his hands then playing defense is that much easier. And if they played like these guys online where you ABSOLUTELY KNOW FOR A FACT the guy ain't passing then he should be getting stopped often and frequently by a guy who knows his defense.

Don't take my word on it just look at real life. When Kobe didn't trust his squad they didn't do squat. Once he started trusting his squad look at the rings start rolling in.
Well to his defense, it's not that he didn't trust his teamates before. It was because they sucked. The starting lineup was Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton. Quite a difference between Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Artest, Odom etc.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Well to his defense, it's not that he didn't trust his teamates before. It was because they sucked. The starting lineup was Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton. Quite a difference between Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Artest, Odom etc.
But he didn't start trusting these guys right out the box either. Artest just came over but them other guys were there during the "no-trust" era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Sup thomonkey. In theory, while a bit of an exaggeration, your right, If were talking over the course of a game or two against a bad defensive team and if your hot you can shoot a high percentage. Maybe not 80 but high.

However a bad defensive team would probably be giving up layups and dunks and offensive rebounds and things like that. With this system against a poor defender you could have guys shooting 60 % off of jumpers if they are wide open.

since no one has yet played a build with all the defensive stuff effecting the sweet spot and in a 5 on 5 situation we don't really know. I'm definitely intrigued though and there will definitely be two completely different and hopefully excellent games to choose from which is what I know a lot of us want.

I don't think we can loose this year.

From a me vs you standpoint that could be pretty entertaining as long as your playing with people of equal skill level and there are no major exploits.
hey czar i think that it is hard to say what percentage an nba shooter would actually shoot if they took wide open shots the whole game, but i really do believe that if you let kobe take wide open shots during the entire game he would shoot in the 60 or 70 percents each game. (80 may have been an exaggeration :P). that's why i dont really see a problem in having the user be able to shoot such a high percentage if left alone. as long as it is hard to score when a guy is defending you i don't think we will have a problem. ive watched a game keeping my eye on wide open shots, and let me tell you, those nba players can shoot the lights out when they are left alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »