Home

NBA Elite 11 & NBA Jam at Elite 24 event

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 & NBA Jam at Elite 24 event within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 AM   #153
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Elite 11 & NBA Jam at Elite 24 event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Somehow I forgot, but thanks 23, Jano, & JT for the impressions & videos. Even if it isn't the most encouraging news, it's good to read impressions. I'm still intrigued to play as it seems to have a significant learning curve.

@ParisB - I agree, in the midst of the chaos, there are some good things going on.

@noshun - The Live 07 talk holds no weight, that's the last i'll comment on that. People have been writing off games prior to release all 8 years i've been on OS only to buy or try the game anyway.
That's the thing. People writing it off because of *this* video under these circumstances and conditions and settings with those users playing that style, probably had no interest in giving it a fair shot anyway.

I'm trying to determine what I liked and not liked from the video, but most of the things that bothered me are hard to give too much weight because they seemed more User oriented, know what I mean?

It's like judging a sports car before driving it because you saw your 50 year old uncle grind the gears going around the parking lot
Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 AM   #154
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

That was him that was trying to trash talk because you paused it huh?
That guy man.. just wow

Anyhow we're not trying to be negative as much as telling you what some of you guys will feel when you first play

Some people will like it, because its more free flow than 10, and some wont at all.

Id rather get all the vids out but its too easy to run and gun remember that so take your time even if tempted not too
Old 08-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #155
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Guys I wouldn't give up on this game just yet. As 23 and everyone else that played said no one even really knew how to play so it ended up just being a full court mess. I'm sure these kind of events are fun and all at but isn't meant to be a sim experience, I don't care what game you are playing. Also who knows what difficulty setting it was on. I guess we will just wait and see with the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #156
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

CS10029- You're right, but it doesn't matter. The only rebuttal that'll sway people will be 5v5 from EA and maybe a trailer.

Jano, good looks on picking the Bullets. That one layup that turns into a switch hands sort of thing looked like an instance where you would want to go straight up and the game did an auto adjustment. I wonder if in those situations, you pressed up on the RS or rolled from the left or right up. Ever since I read those controls, I could see the potential issue of people inputting the dunk control (up) when really wanting the layup (roll).

Still, bring on more videos 23!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #157
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
That's the thing. People writing it off because of *this* video under these circumstances and conditions and settings with those users playing that style, probably had no interest in giving it a fair shot anyway.

I'm trying to determine what I liked and not liked from the video, but most of the things that bothered me are hard to give too much weight because they seemed more User oriented, know what I mean?

It's like judging a sports car before driving it because you saw your 50 year old uncle grind the gears going around the parking lot
Fact, both games have videos with users that didnt know the controls... and 1 of these 2 vids are just brutal to look at, so Im not buying that excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 08-29-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #158
yellow

23's Arena

Could've sworn dude who played with the Lakers knew because you didnt get to see him

That was ridiculous, and some of those dunks were WAAY over the top though. That has nothing to do with user control or knowledge. The kids were killing it man. I dont know which vid is which but ill try to find em
Old 08-29-2010, 01:28 AM   #159
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
O.o

People are reading into this waaaaaay too much. The game actually looks really nice in certain spots. You gotta realize, the people playing the game, have a lot to do with the look. These people have no idea what they are doing, and are just playing a chaotic style of basketball.
i've said that and jano as well. Learning curve aside tho, there are some really strange things that are going on during the game regardless of how bad I play it.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #160
yellow

23's Arena

5 minutes and the next will be done uploading

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »