Home

NBA Elite 11 Delay Could Cost EA $60 Million (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Delay Could Cost EA $60 Million (Gamespot) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
It's not the delay, it's the bad game. This projection assumes the game, as it was, would have sold a lot of copies. Bad review scores would have meant the game didn't sell. This analyst missed part of the real model.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #34
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Elite 11 Delay Could Cost EA $60 Million (Gamespot)

i think EA sales predictions are a little too high.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:50 AM   #35
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
The reason peter moore sucks, remember all that crap he was talking? peter moore love to talk crap, but not necessarily motivate

Moore added, "They’ve got a great product and I’m sure their cover boy isn’t going to impact that."

didn't NCAA football had a retired player on the cover? as well as madden? Mike Vs Tyson anyone? Fight Night?

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/m...ays-ea-sports/

at least he gave them props
If he really said that - served him right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Now wouldn't had been just smarter to just spend 2-5 million on more staffing to produce a well-polished product? This is what saddens me the most. Do things right the first time and situations like this will be less likely.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #37
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Now wouldn't had been just smarter to just spend 2-5 million on more staffing to produce a well-polished product? This is what saddens me the most. Do things right the first time and situations like this will be less likely.
But that's just the thing, it wouldn't have mattered if they had an army of a million working on this dog, it probably still would have flopped.

No matter how many people you've got working on a game, you need time and more importantly a clear vision for the game. Elite 11 certainly didn't have the former, and the jury's still out on the latter (that's being VERY charitable).
Old 09-30-2010, 02:39 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0
they could have invested 1/6 of that insteady of being stingy, and made a revolutionary game... and made back more money, but instead the just lose it outright... serves them right
Old 09-30-2010, 03:31 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 12
Thumbs up Re: NBA Elite 11 Delay Could Cost EA $60 Million (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
"In a note to investors, Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter said the delay could cost publisher Electronic Arts as much as $60 million.
Awesome. I don't like EA Sports if you can't tell. I enjoy a select few of their titles but the way they've been able to get away with neglecting their football games developmentally for years now has killed my football gaming and that along with other things has built up a lot of resentment in me towards EA Sports. They tried to shortcut their way into making a competing basketball title and it blew up in their faces which is beyond awesome to me. I'll take my little victories where I can get them
Old 09-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtq
If he really said that - served him right.
yep he said it.

Before Peter Moore, People thought that EA was an arrogant multi-billion dollar company. With Moore, everytime he talks, it just reinforces that negative imagery.

The guy must have a brilliant mind or else they wouldn't have hired him, but I think he needs to do his desk work and stfu.

also i remember when he use to work for microsoft, dude is hilarious even when he tries to b serious

Last edited by yungflo; 09-30-2010 at 04:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »