Home

What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List?

This is a discussion on What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
But the OS staff was not trolling us and touting EA when they claimed that EA would come back and cut into 2K's sales while telling us everything wrong with 2K right after they released another 2K game in 2K12 that sold more than 2K and Live combined before EA got out of the way with that garbage product.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #34
Rookie

they should just axe NBA Live and bring back the MVP Baseball Series. That was my favorite series of all time. I remember in 6th Grade I always used to come home and after an hour of homework, and studying I'd go into the living room, hop onto my PS2, and then start playing MVP Baseball until I had baseball.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #35
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1
At this point, the only thing that will make sense is for them to perhaps do a mid-season launch (after the All-Star break). Cause with all the bad press and negative feedback this Live installment is getting, this thing is gonna bomb if it releases in October.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #36
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Oh that's easy. With the money they continue to spend no matter what, EA filters that back in the product to ensure that there's an edition of Live every year that screams qual.....oh wait a minute, never mind.

Well clearly they're taking those dollars and ensuring that they keep around the most talented guys that can push the Live name back to the top like Mike W....ehhhh okay forget about that one.

Okay, their undying support is making sure that only the biggest and brightest basketball minds are working to ensure quality on releases of their basketball.....errrrr okay nevermind again, moving on.

Well obviously the support and praise no matter what approach means that the money they are continuing to give to EA makes sure that every year they'll be able to at the very least enjoy their favorite brand of basketball in the name of NBA Liv........ohhhhhhh yeah, alright nevermind. Why are they blindly supporting them no matter what again?
And you answered the question err you didn't nice try though.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #37
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Just saw an article suggesting a download-only release for NBA Live 13. This makes sense given what EA said on earnings call about transitioning to a digital strategy.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #38
Rookie

Either EA has something up their sleeve and want to keep the game hush hush for now, or it might be delay or cancelled. I would think if it was going to be released there would be more screenshots or videos -- definitely the cover player announcement by now. I know they had the cover of Durant on Elite 11 and invested a lot of money, so they may be trying to avoid those mistakes with Live 13. I have a hard time understanding why they would say they would release and organize a development team for the last year, and say there would be NBA LIVE.
Furthermore, I don't understand their problems if they scrapped Elite's game engine. All they would need to do is use Live 10's and update the graphics, rosters, maybe add in a few things here and there, i.e, make the game stable with online play. May not be near 2K's level, but it would be a solid game.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #39
Rookie

Actually kind of makes sense for EA not to release LIVE 13 at the same time 2K13. Give players a month to play 2K and then, perhaps, they'll be curious about Live 13, or maybe they didn't like 2K for whatever reason and want to switch, try something different. If they release NBA Live that following week when the NBA season starts (end of Oct) and run some TV ads then, it might be a good separation from 2K. Give it a little room. From a gamer standpoint, yes, there should be more info about the game and what the status is. But that's my idea why there hasn't been anything news on Live 13.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtucker710
Actually kind of makes sense for EA not to release LIVE 13 at the same time 2K13. Give players a month to play 2K and then, perhaps, they'll be curious about Live 13, or maybe they didn't like 2K for whatever reason and want to switch, try something different. If they release NBA Live that following week when the NBA season starts (end of Oct) and run some TV ads then, it might be a good separation from 2K. Give it a little room. From a gamer standpoint, yes, there should be more info about the game and what the status is. But that's my idea why there hasn't been anything news on Live 13.
After 2 years it makes sense not to release it?

Has a game company ever screwed up a game this bad before and still get passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »