Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
The question should be who will come out on top b/c this is a new system and if im not mistaken live has had more time to prepare for nex gen so that kind of evens things out as far as next gen consoles. I say that only b/c 2k has a pretty decent record when it comes to delivering with the exception of nba 2k13.

Dont get it twisted 2k just has momentum b/c they have been releasing games so everybody assumes whats going to happen based off of past history. However this is NEW SYSTEMS so nobody knows whats going to happen for sure until we see gameplay.

So fanboys chill the xxxx out with the arguments until we see gameplay b/c somebody is bound to get their feelings hurt as serious and emotional as you mufs get.
So what it's a new system, what does that mean? Absolutely nothing. You guys act like EA is going to show something that we haven't seen. Remember EA didn't make a basketball in years not because they couldn't like 2K in football, They didn't make a basketball game because they couldn't compete. They couldn't even come close to 2K and they had 4 years to give us one good game and they couldn't do it. NBA Elite and Live 13 was straight garbage, so I don't know why some guys continue to believe that this company has what it takes to compete with 2K. Can you imagine what the basketball game would be like if they had those license as well? Wow! ....they have really killed football as we know it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #42
Rookie

I think this series is dead. I feel that they lack the creative and artistic talent to pull this game off. They have some great sports series, unfortunately, where it counts in the US - NFL and NBA, the company lacks talent and direction. NBA 2K is the reigning champion!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
I think this series is dead. I feel that they lack the creative and artistic talent to pull this game off. They have some great sports series, unfortunately, where it counts in the US - NFL and NBA, the company lacks talent and direction. NBA 2K is the reigning champion!
again, there's a new team in charge of live.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3
NBA 2k, for this year, has impressed me with a rehashed product with unnoticeable fixes here and there.

Live has the chance this year for a big restart, see if they can take advantage of it?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #45
Pro

Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

I think they stand a chance this gen if what they have is solid and they can build upon it. However, they haven't proven to be able to last gen. As for this year's game, 2k will be better IMO. The advantage 2k has is that they have a solid foundation and has been building it for years. Live hasn't come out with a game in like 3 years. They will be behind in a lot of fundamental basketball aspects. And I don't see 5 on 5 gameplay being better than 2k anytime soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
The series is far from dead...new dev team, next gen console, ignite engine, bounce tek, if anything thats what I'd call it starting with a solid foundation. And having not seen any gameplay how can you say they lack creativity & artistic talent? Seems a bit shallow IMO
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3
One year ago. http://youtu.be/GxVENsPOSg8
Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #48
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

I always though Live was more fun than 2K. Live 10 was a really great game, and I'm sad the series sputtered out after that. 2K's games do a fantastic job on presentation, and some people love the gameplay, but it never felt as enjoyable as the Live gameplay did to me.

So Live definitely has a chance for me, though I'm not really planning on getting a next gen console until late next year, when I am sure which of the two I prefer, so I guess I won't be playing much Live 14 anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »