Home

NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm confused as to how graphics/animations got a 6.5 from Bleacher Report...

Is it because Joakim Noah/Shang Tsung is in the game?

Spoiler
Goro would be Defensive Player of the Year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Old 11-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #43
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Seriously, there is no shame in liking bad video games.

I really liked Clive Barker's Jericho, even though it got poor to mediocre reviews. I think some of what it did was quite brilliant. I also am not as picky about my COD type shooters. I loved the single player of Medal of Honor Tier One or whatever it was called. And I will probably like the single player of Warfighter and BF3/4, some which also got mediocre reviews. I think I just don't need as much innovation and perfect level design as some more jaded guys to enjoy myself. I also realize I would be a terrible reviewer because I'm not critical enough about these games.

But I'm critical about simulations.

I'm critical about my tactical realism based shooters which they don't make anymore. And I'm critical about my basketball games.

Otherwise, I realize it's probably crap if most people don't like it, but I have no shame admitting I have fun with it.

Now Live, however, falls even below my threshold of kinda fun, kinda crappy, but kinda pretty to be an enjoyable but flawed game.
If you want a real good comparison on this situation, you're using the wrong game.

Spoiler
Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #44
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Jayson,
I just want to make sure I understand you correctly as it was hard to make conclusions based on your written review but is it safe to say you are not a fan of Live 14???LOL
Old 11-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #45
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Boiler, you were MUCH too generous regarding your impressions of Bounce-tek at E3. It's straight up terrible. The OS review says it best-- it feels like a bunch of mocaps slapped together with no fluidity. It's actually one of the worst parts of the game. Its only redeeming feature is watching some semi nice animations when you do manage to wrestle it into doing what you want to get by a defender.

And the no-warping real ball physics is practically a lie too.
I was trying to be nice, man. I wanted to give the devs the benefit of the doubt. Remember what I said - a LOT was going to depend on how much they were going to hold to the mantra of being "physics driven" on the bounce. As you can tell, they had to come off of it a bit to try to find a balance between responsiveness. And, as you can tell, it's not there yet. What I played at the booth was a guy in a vacuum. And you remember me wondering what it would feel like with defenders around and things happening. Out of respect for their effort, I made a concerted effort not to bash, but remember the comments aimed at me for "going out of my way to not say something positive"? Well, now you see why.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-25-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #46
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
EA Be Like :

Please add BR to the metacritic
I know right? Welllz
Old 11-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #47
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
The reason for what i highlighted is because youre a "struggle Live apologist".. you dont offer any feedback to the devs about what you like and dislike that would help improve Live (in this forum, correct me if im wrong). This review details about everything liked & disliked.
THIS is my thing. If they REALLY cared to make the game better, they would spend as much time constructively criticizing the game as they do defending the game from trolling. Instead, they spend their time arguing down the others that ARE giving constructive criticism painting those guys are haters and trolls. When someone says the game looks awful, it's vague, but still criticism. When someone says it looks like PS1 and the engineers should be fired, that is clear trolling. They should attack THOSE dudes if they feel trolls warrant their attention. Again - it's "fans" like that that has Madden stuck in mud. It's getting better, but where it is now is where it should have been 6 years ago!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack

Here's your culprits.

These two are widely considered two of, if not the two worst games ever made. If you like them, then hey, that's your choice and your money. People will laugh, sure, but that's your choice. When you start trying to defend these games however as if they're actually good games though, that's where the problem lies.

This is what's going on with Live. People like the game and that's their business but don't sit here and try to tell the rest of the world that it's a good game and not as bad as everyone says or their just biased against the game because you like it and they don't.
Hahaha. I remember the Superman game. I think that's waaay to harsh on Live. At least Live attempts some semblance to the property it's trying to emulate. Oh man. The game not being able to draw past a few yards explained away as "Kryptonite fog".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »