Home

How To Fix NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on How To Fix NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Examples of the ridiculous suggestions?
  • Eliminate clipping issues with limbs, bodies and the ball.
    at this point no game is without clipping.
  • Make steal attempts more dependent on proper collision physics and less reliant on attribute-driven "dice rolls."
    from what ive seen steals seem to be based on actually getting a hand on the ball. but again this is something that no game has perfected.
  • Provide more on-screen feedback explaining why shots do or do not go in (late timing, contested shot, off-balance attempt, etc.).
  • Eliminate clipping issues between the screener and the on-ball defender.
    see above
  • Enhance the effectiveness of screens and how often they impede an on-ball defender.
    not every screen needs to be powerful. they are meant to create a small opening in the defense. i would say this game does a decent job of that. a more explosive first step would correct this issue rather than making getting around a screen take longer.
  • Referees make way too many incorrect blocking calls or no-calls and not enough charging calls.
    another one of those things that i really havent seen done well in any game to date. charging calls are incredibly rare in any game ive played in my life.
  • Create an in-game Jalen Rose model that appears on-screen during his studio show.
    this is fluff thats not necessary until the rest of the game is great. definitely not even worth mentioning for a first year. most games today dont even have ingame models of the commentators.
  • Have Jalen Rose show video highlights, not just box scores, for the night's out-of-town games.
    again this is something that should be looked at for a future game and not for a year one fix. once the current halftime show is seamless they can add in things like that.
  • Solve the random in-game crashes.
    this is not specific to nba live. rather it is a console issue.
  • Reevaluate each position's starting attributes. The default ratings are way too low for a first-round pick.
    this is subjective. you are choosing the type of player you want to become not the type of player you already are. the career modes are meant to make you work to become a better player. you also have the option to increase a few ratings before playing. ive seen plenty of people do just fine with their default ratings.
  • Develop off-the-court storylines and cut scenes.
    this is another unnecessary thing for year one. focus on the base of the mode first. not everyone wants a scripted storyline and cut scenes. some people just want to play the game as themselves or create their own play style. they dont need a story behind it.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 21
It's not a question of what to fix, it's a question of total rebuilding.
Rember what Mike Wang say to ESPN when he leaves EA in 2010? I will remember to all of you:

"When I went over there (to EA), a lot of it was for personal reasons. I wanted to try something new, try a new challenge. But after being there and spending some time over at EA, it was clear that they do things a different way, and in a way it's just inefficient and just not the place to be to make the best games,"

And then what's happen? EA fails with Nba Elite 11. Disappeared in 2012 and 2013 and return for next gen with this impractical Nba Live 14.

EA has failed to improve. It has been sitting on its laurels in the middle of the past decade not realizing that behind the 2K advancing at double speed. When the EA has been overtaken by 2K (2005?) the rate of improvement in the 2K was so high that then there was no more competition.
What is worse, for me, is that EA has had three years to work for the NBA Live and this is the result.
I do not give any hope to the EA for what concerns the basketball. There is no race.
The EA has proven that he can not change, because to compete with NBA 2K you have to change everything and start from scratch. Everything.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 48
great list; But this list won't ever be completed, without turning the game into 2K!
EA must have had at least 3/4 of that list on all their black/chalk/white boards, but they didn't have time!!!!
Live14 is their only foundation going forward, and it appears to be on shaky ground! Everything you do and see in Live14, is in NBA ELITE! (and that's SCARY).
Don't get me totally wrong here; Live's ESPN package is real nooice! It's just that everything else falls way short of being finished!
Now, I do have a quick analogy: Building as House vs NBA LIVE 14;
You start with a foundation (of course, you have a construction plan *); maybe EA has one?
You plan on the time of year that you would like to start building! (Does make a difference when you start your project); EA, used some parts, and an old foundation* for LIVE14
You start construction on your home! EA has been placing things inside this "foundation", trying to see what fits where*
While building your home; there are certain "procedures", "Steps" while erecting you house! Once again, EA, is just trying to place pieces in the house frame, that they don't really have***
The frame is up and you can now take your time and complete your home in an ordinary fashion!!! EA has given US the "frame" of the house, and has told US that they will be adding pieces on,"On the FLY!!!" Does that not alarm any of you?
EA has rushed this game out, and has no real direction!!
The list JY has presented would be of a good foundation; but EA cannot implement half of those things because it won't FIT!!!!! So don't think any great fixes for this year! $60 is not worth the headaches it would give a die hard LIVE series fan!

cheers
Old 11-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 48
@ # 17 Barbatrucco
you hit the nail on the head! Nice find; as I was looking for the same article.
cheers
Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
That is a lot on EA's to do list. How about they just create another game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10
A bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, a vile of Vicodin and a 357 to the temple...that's a good start
Old 11-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
I see everyone mention player #0 in rewind mode. How about multiple guys on the same team or both teams? Had Spencer Hawes check in for the Pacers one rewind and had two Kyle Korvers on the floor at the same time for the Hawks.... I can't be the only person who had this happen to them.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

They should have released it before it was out of Beta Stages. Plain and simple. They would never admit it was, but it is. It's not finished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »