Home

Post Defense

This is a discussion on Post Defense within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post Defense

How do you guys handle post defense? No matter what the cpu is going to spin inside for a bucket. I was just dealing with it by pushing the left stick towards the baseline. The majority of the time I get beat. I normally play onball all the time but the last game I didn't switch to the ball handler as often. Instead I played a lot of help and it seemed to work better. Are there any other ways to contain the spin to the baseline?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Post Defense

You answered your own question. Help defense is key in NBA live. Pick your poison. I try to take away the higher percentage shots, and try my best to close out on shooters.

If they are making there move to the basket, you are probably to late.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I just had my best game as far as opponent's points in the paint. What I did was double the post on the catch and controlled the PG playing between the 2 wing shooters.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluteme757
How do you guys handle post defense? No matter what the cpu is going to spin inside for a bucket. I was just dealing with it by pushing the left stick towards the baseline. The majority of the time I get beat. I normally play onball all the time but the last game I didn't switch to the ball handler as often. Instead I played a lot of help and it seemed to work better. Are there any other ways to contain the spin to the baseline?
I'm on the XB1, and for me I've had great success in taking away the post up game. I generally send the double team and shade to the baseline to take away the spin. More often than not the CPU picks up his dribble and tries to force a cross-court pass to the corner - which results in him hitting the back board and turning the ball over.

The frequency of this scenario however, occurs WAY too often. Pick up the dribble, yes, but make the safe pass to the near side corner or to the teamate who was left open by the double team.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

I have pretty much started to do the same thing. Even if I beat the guy to the baseline, he still seems to be able to get to the rack too often. Double team does help but I wish post defense was a little more effective without the double team especially if you have a big man that can play defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blickey
I have pretty much started to do the same thing. Even if I beat the guy to the baseline, he still seems to be able to get to the rack too often. Double team does help but I wish post defense was a little more effective without the double team especially if you have a big man that can play defense.
I'm with you on that. Two factors should come into play in post play: Strength and quickness. If you're stronger than me, you should win. Or if you're quicker than me, you should win. I will need to bring the double team in both instances. However, there should be instances in the post where I have the clear advantage and do not need to bring the double team.

On the other hand, maybe I just need more practice - Practice Mode anyone?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #7
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
I'm with you on that. Two factors should come into play in post play: Strength and quickness. If you're stronger than me, you should win. Or if you're quicker than me, you should win. I will need to bring the double team in both instances. However, there should be instances in the post where I have the clear advantage and do not need to bring the double team.

On the other hand, maybe I just need more practice - Practice Mode anyone?
I feel like this is one of the things that needs to be tweaked in the big patch. It's 90% spin move even if i double team, its gotta be a glitch in the CPU AI
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 01-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
Rookie

I have started to do an auto double on certain guys in the post and that has helped out quite a bit. It has allowed me to shut down good PF and C a lot more than when I bring someone down manually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »