Home

NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #49
Rookie

mbrancato157's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Pulled From the Show Floor at the GameStop Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
Come on. 2K hasn't been any good since 2K11. 2K doesn't have a track record. They have a better one then EA but that doesnt mean they have a "good" one. The standards are simply too low.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #50
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Come on. 2K hasn't been any good since 2K11. 2K doesn't have a track record. They have a better one then EA but that doesnt mean they have a "good" one. The standards are simply too low.

2K has been saying for years the zone cheese is dead, the 3pt cheese is dead. Like I said i've been reading this forum for years and its the same thing every year for both games.

2K has the same problems its had since the 2K10/2K11 days. 2K is hopeless without competition and thats what EA brings. Has Live/EA been any better? No but 2K hasn't been any good either. Tired of buying the same game every year with roster updates.

First im going to address you

This is the NBA Live forums, and I've simply warned enough people to keep 2k out of here to talk about NBA Live, and you've done too much of it already.

That on top of going after the owner of the site....

Lets keep the topic on NBA LIVE and off of 2k...specifically you yourself.

Post as much as you want but you're derailing topics and it has to stop.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
First im going to address you

This is the NBA Live forums, and I've simply warned enough people to keep 2k out of here to talk about NBA Live, and you've done too much of it already.

That on top of going after the owner of the site....

Lets keep the topic on NBA LIVE and off of 2k...specifically you yourself.

Post as much as you want but you're derailing topics and it has to stop.
Thank you! I was reading these posts like "Where in the hell is 23?" You usually stop all of the 2K talk in its tracks. You were a little late this time lol

Anyway, why does it seem like some posters have more confidence in NBA Live than the development team? If I spent a year on making something epic, I would want everybody and their mom to see it and give feedback! Whats the big secret?!!! Its just a Bball game, not area 51. If I ever made a product, I could only wish I had fans this loyal.

So Gamestop Managers say the game is good? LOL Isn't that the equivalent of AT&T employees telling me how great the Iphone is? Gotta Love It.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2
NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All

Edit: to stay on topic/avoid taking troll bait

The Instagram and YouTube videos do show improvement from Live 14, but IMHO,
this has yet to prove it self worthy of a $60 price tag.

Animations still look "wonky" to me, I see remnants of Live 14 still present. Arms look long, the "washed out" colors that I was in favor for from the reveal trailer and screenshots do not look visually appealing in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by alaska2k3; 09-10-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #53
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All

The court/players look pretty good in that photo..

Sorry, I tried.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 8
One of the best moves David Stern ever made was not selling exclusive rights to NBA video games. I can't imagine what we would've been playing the last 4 years if EA's deep pockets had that opportunity. Less than 2 months from release and you don't want the public to play the game at a major industry event is a bad sign.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #55
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
I also wanna add another thing. I've been reading this forum for years and every year its the same thing. Excited for Live and EA to make a game, get let down, 2K comes out, gets great reviews, a month later 2K doesn't even work properly and people on this site are ready to boycott it.

Neither company seems competent enough to actually make a proper game that's fresh every year. It's the only reason why im being patient with Live 15, it's because I have no choice. I'll probably get burned again but basketball games desperately need competition.
Ok there is a vast difference in terms of functionality and quality when comparing 2k and Live. I've been playing 2k since 2k2 and there are only 2 years I can recall where the game "did not work properly". One being last year on next gen consoles where certain modes had extremely problematic bugs and a severe loading issue (which I am still unsure if it was the game itself or do to the game, more or less, requiring online access and me having a bad connection); however when it came to on court gameplay I thought it was the best nba 2k to date. The other year was 2k10 (perhaps 2k9) where the game released with a frame rate issue that made the game unplayable, however the game was fine post patch.

Live, on the other hand, hasn't had a competent release since Live 10 dropped in 2009, with 2 cancelations since. 2K isn't perfect, we will never see a perfect game of any genre, and it might not be a brand new game every year, which no sports game is, but it is a quality product year in and year out and is well worth the price of admission each year. And typically the issues with 2k are smaller in comparison to the problems Live has.

Point being, Live receives critism and skeptism for good reason. The series hasn't proven that it's worth the benefit of the doubt where as 2k has a track record of delivering. I want Live to succeed and have a quality release this year. In fact, from what has been shown, the game doesn't look as bad as some are making it seem (honestly don't know how anyone can garner an opinion from about a total of 1 gameplay minute) however EA and the Live team haven't exactly helped there cause to give us a reason to believe in them. Time will tell and if the game is good you will see people flock to Live but at this point people have good reason to be hesitant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #56
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All

I'm just going to stop getting over worked by anything else by EA lol. Ima pick up you know what on the 7th. And just play that and not even think about live 15 til the demo/trial drops. If it's good I'll pick it up.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »