Home

No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

This is a discussion on No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #33
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Not entirely true. A demo will determine a purchase or not for some.

Sent from my iPhone
I honestly don't think it matters at ALL.

There are the same people here who either said they liked last years game or are going out to pre order no matter if its been seen or not. Some of these same ones are asking for a demo but they're going to buy the game regardless.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I call it like I see it....

You've once again derailed a thread for no reason...You still can't provide a quote saying what you claimed the article said...and go off and some "I've talked to people off this site that said...." rant when you get called out on it...sorry, it's wack and comes off as trying too hard.

If you don't like what "OS has become" why not leave?
I told you the article was edited. The title didnt have timing in it and a few things in the article were changed/added. I didn't screenshot the original article so I can't show you anything.

Why do the "I've talked to people off this site that said" bother you? You aren't a moderator on this site. Those comments weren't addressed to you. Don't argue with me about a comment that wasn't even directed at you.

As far as leaving OS if I don't like what it's become, seriously are you a moderator or something? I can just as easily ask you to leave if you dont like my comments but again, i'm not a child. Let it go and let's move on.

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-14-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #35
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Article never said there wasn't a demo coming out...but yeah...more than happy to drop it, "it" doesn't have a point. Keep fishin though.

Anyway, it would be pretty funny if the demo came out tomorrow and made all of this moot.

Looking forward to test driving this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't care when it drops, as long as it drops so I can try the game. Last years demo saved me money, hopefully this year's will earn EA/Tiburon some money.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #37
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Lol. "Let it go and move on" continued to troll the Live forums for "Live bashing." AKA anything less than unwavering optimism and support of NBA Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Article never said there wasn't a demo coming out...but yeah...more than happy to drop it, "it" doesn't have a point. Keep fishin though.

Anyway, it would be pretty funny if the demo came out tomorrow and made all of this moot.

Looking forward to test driving this game!
Hopefully 24, we can discuss the quote i'm about to post below respectfully.

The article was titled "No News On A NBA Live 15 Demo" originally and it didn't have the twitter mention and some of the stuff with "concrete information" and "pre release". Add this quote below and I interpreted it as we're not getting a demo. It still does come off as we're not getting a demo but to a lesser extent.

Quote:
The good news is that EA Access users will get a six hour trial of the game before release, and its likely at least some media outlets will also have the game soon. Thus, its likely we'll start to find out more about this year's NBA Game from EA soon enough. It just would have been nice for users to get a chance to play some 5-on-5 action before release to make their minds up that way. Here's to hoping the recent trends of no pre-release sports game demos is an unfortunate series of events that won't be repeated next season!

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-14-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Lol. "Let it go and move on" continued to troll the Live forums for "Live bashing." AKA anything less than unwavering optimism and support of NBA Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've criticized Live King B but i've tried to be reasonable about it. Live should be criticized and people should be cautious but not with a double standard. I'm not buying Live without trying a demo.

But I am going to give them a chance to show us what they have this year before I rip them apart like I did last year and with Elite 11. Some people are judging Live 15 based off what Elite 11 and Live 14 were rather than judge 15 on it's own.

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-14-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
I've criticized Live King B but i've tried to be reasonable about it. Live should be criticized and people should be cautious but not with a double standard. I'm not buying Live without trying a demo.

But I am going to give them a chance to show us what they have this year before I rip them apart like I did last year and with Elite 11. Some people are judging Live 15 based off What Elite 11 and Live 14 and other past Live's rather than judge 15 on it's own.
The only thing I want to say about that is judging off of previous history should be ok. You either build loyalty to your product, or you build ccriticism. Live over the last decade has taken countless steps that deserve criticism. If you bought Live 14 and were waiting on Elite 11 and Live 13, you have every reason to scrutinize every delay, misstep and attempt to shield the game. Fool me once shame on you.... you know the rest. With all due respect it would take a brand new team and approach for me to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. But when you promise a demo and other things in an open letter and follow through on none of them, as well as delay a game, it's hard to ignore the recent history as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »