Home

No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

This is a discussion on No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

*criticism

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #42
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
^ This is exactly what OS has become. Can't even voice your opinion without getting atta for it. Instead of trying to addr me or correct me, members like to resort to insults. I could just as easily say your posts come off as trying to hard to impress 23 but I prefer not to act like a child.
B. Don't ever bother man. Other members and visitors know you're speaking what'sreal. I rosm around tthese forums and can vouch for everything you been saying.

A demo isn't going to change my mind. Just want to see 5v5 player movement.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
The only thing I want to say about that is judging off of previous history should be ok. You either build loyalty to your product, or you build ccriticism. Live over the last decade has taken countless steps that deserve criticism. If you bought Live 14 and were waiting on Elite 11 and Live 13, you have every reason to scrutinize every delay, misstep and attempt to shield the game. Fool me once shame on you.... you know the rest. With all due respect it would take a brand new team and approach for me to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. But when you promise a demo and other things in an open letter and follow through on none of them, as well as delay a game, it's hard to ignore the recent history as well.
I know exactly where your coming from. I think you can criticize and be cautious of Live but you can't judge Live 15 itself that way because we haven't even given them a chance to follow through on what they've said.

The bolded part is my biggest issue. Why isn't Live being given a chance to release a demo? They did tweet out earlier today that we're getting a demo. I will rip EA/Live apart if they don't follow through on the promises they've made. But lets give them a chance to follow through on the things they've said before we criticize them.

I even said earlier, it's inexcusable for EA not to let us fans know that we won't get an early demo due to the Oct 28 delay. Reasons like that are why they haven't been relevant in a long time.

As far as recent history, Live has released a demo for Elite 11 and Live 14 so the past actually favors them when it comes to a demo but the past is the past. What they have or haven't done before should not determine what they do now (whether it's good or bad).

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-14-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #44
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

According to Live's twitter the game will be platinum by the end of this week so I guess they were planning to deliver a retail-build demo since its delay, trying to avoid any game-breaking bugs (ala Jesus Bynum) which could not convince people to get the game.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #45
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
According to Live's twitter the game will be platinum by the end of this week so I guess they were planning to deliver a retail-build demo since its delay, trying to avoid any game-breaking bugs (ala Jesus Bynum) which could not convince people to get the game.
Platinum?

10 char

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5
As for the live demo talk... I was looking forward to it... it honestly help me determine whether or not I bought the game, when I would buy it, or how much would I be willing to spend for it. I eventually bought the game simply for a change of pace (and the fact that I got it off ebay for like 10 bucks) keep in mind I am a sports gamer I dont care who makes a game just as long as it can hold my attention for a few mins of the day... but I do respect quality. The better the quality the quicker I will get it and the more that I am willing to spend. I dont get games just bc everyone loves it or hates it. Believe it or not I think that live 14 had some good qualities to it. Was it game of the year material HELL NO! but it had good qualities nonetheless. While I think that the 2k series has produced the better game overall still think that live had a couple of advantages alone the way. So long story short I am really hoping that they sneak the demo in sometime this week which I highly doubt.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #47
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Platinum?

10 char
I don't know what that means, is it that it's going gold plus the first-day patch?
Old 10-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its a sad day when "no news" is news. SMH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »