Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #801
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Kobe for the dunk

So I thought

It was blocked. Lol

I was shocked when the Roster update came out a few hours ago and thanks to EA for that because I had given up hope. Curious to see how it plays out with the future updates.

I still think cpu 3's are overpowered in this game. Currently I'm playing the Lakers vs 76ers and talk about 2 scrubs. It's a terrible game but when I ran a qtr vs the Mavs & Clippers you can tell the Pros from the Joes thats for sure. EA has that right .

I'm seeing new animations to my surprise as well. Still to many basic things are missing that need to be addressed this year hopefully sooner than later. Don't wait until Feb/Mar to add things get them in now while the season is fresh.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 11-05-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #802
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

So this is true they can continue to add animations as the season moves forward Flight?

Also the 3's seem to be a constant USER complaint....wonder if EA could tweak the contested shots percentages to balance this out????

I also saw someone's stats a few days ago (can't recall the poster) but he was playing on Pro level and the stats didn't show the CPU shooting crazy high 3-PT percentage.

You should experiment on the two levels and see if SS level is possibly giving some kind of ratings boost for players from 3-PT range.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #803
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Shooting percentages are still sky high. Watched Mavs vs Clippers.

Mavs shot 54%
Clippers shot 62%

Mavs shot 46% from 3pt line
Clippers shot 53% from 3pt line
Both shot over a dozen 3s.

Mavs 8 fouls
Clippers 7 fouls

Mavs 32 points in the paint
Clippers 50 points in the paint

Chris Paul had 15 assists, no alleys though, even though he had at least 10 wide open opportunities to throw one. I found both offenses stagnant most of the time. They would dribble around for a bit, throw it in the post, throw back out to the 3pt point line. Pretty much all the scoring for both teams came from those 2 areas, in the post or from 3pt or one of the guards would simply attack the basket with a layup.

And all of this was played on Superstar.....
Old 11-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #804
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Mavs shot 54%
Clippers shot 62%

Mavs 8 fouls
Clippers 7 fouls

Chris Paul had 15 assists, no alleys though, even though he had at least 10 wide open opportunities to throw one. I found both offenses stagnant most of the time. They would dribble around for a bit, throw it in the post, throw back out to the 3pt point line. Pretty much all the scoring for both teams came from those 2 areas, in the post or from 3pt or one of the guards would simply attack the basket with a layup.

I experienced pretty much the same as you as far as CPU offense. Drop it down in the post. The rest of the team stood around. Not enough movement then kick it back out to the 3pt shooter. Rinse and repeat. Just 1 game though.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 11-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #805
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Mavs shot 54%
Clippers shot 62%

Mavs 8 fouls
Clippers 7 fouls

The amount of 3's don't bother me because the Mavs attempt 23 per game and the Clippers 29 (2nd in the league)

Dallas ranks 9th in percentage at .391 vs the Clippers 19th .325

I still believe it's the level that is causing the high 3-PT percentages....If you play the other game I'm pretty sure the higher the difficulty level the more you get away from true ratings (Sports Games in General)

This is where Sliders can remedy the situation to some extent and still allow you to play the game on the most difficult level.

Not sure about fouls I would imagine for CPU vs CPU games you might have to set all the defensive options for both teams and not leave them at default and MAX out the in game foul sliders in order to get the CPU to foul more often.

Still not sure about the stagnant offenses (watched that Washington-CPU vs New York-Human video earlier) could be lack of default playbooks not allowing much movement in the sets or Synergy dictating where the shots should come from and overriding the playbooks all together.

But then again I thought Synergy wasn't being uploaded yet for the game this year from a post in another thread????

So if Synergy isn't controlling movement on the floor then the Playbooks need to be expanded or updated to add more motion sets into the game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #806
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Does this game crash for anybody else that tries to view awards at the end of the season in dynasty? Happens all the time for me smh
Old 11-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #807
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Every time you turn on the game it says Synergy update...and about an hour or 2 after the real life teams play their game at night, you see a Synergy update again.

Playing against the Wizards right now using the Blazers. Saw John Wall shoot a 3 over the top of 2 defenders from a good 3 feet behind the 3pt line, nothing but net. I am seeing their center Gortat doing between the legs crossovers from 15 feet from the basket trying to beat his man off the dribble, then attempt a fancy double clutch layup. He has done this 5 times so far.

I noticed the CPU is much quicker trying to double team you when you pass the ball into the post. You still can't dribble out of bounds and you can still push a CPU post player out of the post all the way to the 3pt line. Wizards are playing the same way the Mavs and Clippers did.

Pass the ball into the post, back to the 3pt line, back to the post, back to the 3pt line. That is all they are doing every possession. Then as the clock runs down, they either try to barrel their way into the lane from the 3pt line, attempt a 3 or shoot from the post.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #808
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

Any 3 pt shootout? Super down for that

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »