Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #177
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Played for a few hours last night. I enjoyed it overall, but the euro step seems like it is a free pass to get to the basket on All-Star setting. Animation are hard on the eyes, must overlook it if you want to enjoy the game. Some of the rebound animations are Live 07 bad.

I do like the spacing and like it has been said the lighting and ambience is fantastic. Player models are pretty bad for the most part. Especially the role players. I like the shot mechanic, it's difficult. I always hold the button too long, but I learned after have a four point 1st quarter just to tap it.

I still prefer 2K but it's good to have two good basketball games in my stable.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #178
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I noticed I am getting an "a error has occurred" message after the "connecting to the EA servers screen....is 1.01 the most recent version I'm supposed to have on PS4? I'm hoping that's what it is because a lot of issues are chipping away at the "fun" factor for me,.,

I honestly felt more comfortable shooting in Live 14....it at least tried to replicate releasing at the top of your jump...these odd release points kill me, because the shots themselves look great. I also don't get the logic of the meter, I missed a free throw with a great release last night....how much better can I get than that? lol

Outside of blocking...which is rewarding, I'm not enjoying defense at all....Is there a defensive tutorial I'm missing in Learn Live? I didn't see one. That would explain a lot though. The CPU (I'm in AS/SS) hits a ton of 3's...a good bit with a hand in its face. Does LT contesting not qualify as a valid contest? Blazers just went 5/5 on my in the first. All contested. All I'm seeing is 3's and taking advantage of a lot of untouchable animations in the paint from the A.I.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 0

I find the free throws way too easy. Just kind of quickly press and release no matter the player and it goes in.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #180
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Played the demo, cavs vs thunder before work, and I won't lie, there are some things I really like about this game.

Pros:

*The graphics do look pretty good, specifically the arenas

* I went in worrying that the animations would completely kill the game play for me, but they're surprisingly smooth and executed well.

* The pace and flow is definitely something I can dig, fast breaks seem to happen at appropriate times, and teams aren't always looking to push into the paint.

* When an AI player grabs an offensive board, they kick it back out and reset the play instead of going back up every single time.

* When the paint physics work, they look pretty awesome.

* Guys who should be shooting, are shooting. Durant and Westbrook dominated the ball, and Kendrick Perkins took 0 shots. I like that.

* The commentary is top notch, but that just could be because I wanna hear something different.

* I like the smoothness and feel of the players. No noticeable sliding and you can really feel the weight and momentum at times.

Cons:

* Contact in the paint isn't as frequent as it needs to be.

* 3 pointers go in at an alarming rate for both the user and cpu.

* Not enough fouls called

* Not enough contact in the paint, which in turn causes not enough fouls to be called.

* On offense, players don't move around enough, it feels like I had to play hero ball every possession.

If EA could clean up some of the flaws I have listed, I would purchase this game and I know I would have fun with it.

Let me ask you guys with the full retail game a few questions. Are the 3 point shooting % sky high? Is there more contact and more fouls? Also, is there a way to set up auto plays to get some movement out of my teammates?

If the answer to these questions are yes, I can see myself picking up this game today.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #181
Rookie

AtomicCity42's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
The more I play the game and learn the controls the more fun I have . Playing on superstar .

I really think the game settings by default should be:
ESPN Camera
Auto Replays on
Breakaway Cam on
Post-Whistle Pace normal
Auto Motion Calling
Auto timeouts

I'm don't understand why have that stuff off it adds so much more to the game
Preciate it gonna try that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #182
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I noticed I am getting an "a error has occurred" message after the "connecting to the EA servers screen....is 1.01 the most recent version I'm supposed to have on PS4? I'm hoping that's what it is because a lot of issues are chipping away at the "fun" factor for me,.,

I honestly felt more comfortable shooting in Live 14....it at least tried to replicate releasing at the top of your jump...these odd release points kill me, because the shots themselves look great. I also don't get the logic of the meter, I missed a free throw with a great release last night....how much better can I get than that? lol

Outside of blocking...which is rewarding, I'm not enjoying defense at all....Is there a defensive tutorial I'm missing in Learn Live? I didn't see one. That would explain a lot though. The CPU (I'm in AS/SS) hits a ton of 3's...a good bit with a hand in its face. Does LT contesting not qualify as a valid contest? Blazers just went 5/5 on my in the first. All contested. All I'm seeing is 3's and taking advantage of a lot of untouchable animations in the paint from the A.I.
Error code WS-37321-6? Same thing I keep getting and can't find anything for it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #183
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

There are foul sliders. I turned all mine up to 100 and I am seeing more fouls. Not as much as I would like but it is better.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #184
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Error code WS-37321-6? Same thing I keep getting and can't find anything for it.

Yeah that's the same one in getting.

I figured it was due to the PSN stuff when I got it yesterday...but I'm still getting it this morning...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »