Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 06:53 PM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
That is correct, you can't go out of bounds anywhere. I noticed this when I was trapping the post and doing full court traps, the CPU would slide around it and I was thinking how is that not out of bounds. You see the CPU do it a lot along the baseline.

I then purposely tried to go out of bounds all over the place, nope, you hit an invisible wall and just glide along it all the way to the rim.
There it is, thought I lost my mind or something, that's CRAZY!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #410
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
There it is, thought I lost my mind or something, that's CRAZY!
Yes, this aspect blows me away, that this has to be pointed out to them, I get the feeling this game is made by a bunch of programmers and coders with little love and understanding of the actual game of basketball. IMO, that's what separates this game and 2K, those dudes have a devotion of love and commitment, they are genuine fans of the game and it's reflective in the final product.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #411
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Yes, this aspect blows me away, that this has to be pointed out to them, I get the feeling this game is made by a bunch of programmers and coders with little love and understanding of the actual game of basketball. IMO, that's what separates this game and 2K, those dudes have a devotion of love and commitment, they are genuine fans of the game and it's reflective in the final product.
Well in that case, you couldn't be further from the truth. That's all I'll say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #412
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
Ok, I really most times chose to stay away from negativity when it comes to things, but, I wonder...are you gentlemen choosing to overlook certain aspects of fundamental basketball?? And basketball video games??...you must be able to go out of bounds!! It's a crucial part of the game, live 15, doesn't allow you to go out of bounds! This must be fixed before I can praise this game any at all! Let's not talk about the way offenses are ran on this game, even with automotion on, there is still very little off ball movement. So, before we can have a debate on how good of game play this game has, these fundamental things must be fixed to even have a discussion in my book. I'm playing on the PS4 if that's a difference in any of this...
Some people are caught up too much with the game being "fun" and finally having an alternative to the other game after all these years. Im actually having fun with the game as others are but just as a pickup game and because I'm absolutely intrigued by some of the face scans and presentation.

I've still played the other game more since Live has been released because although it's not without it's flaws it is more fundamental basketball being played.

I'm glad the reviews read 5.5 or 6.0 tho it makes sure Live keeps making strides.

Last edited by Insight23; 10-31-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #413
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Why can't we play the games on the actual day anymore? Now you have to wait a day later to playthem
Old 10-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #414
Rookie

OVR: 3

Also, every time I fire up Live 15 on my ps4 I get a error after pressing any button and I don't get to the start up screen I get W-2xxxx error? WTF is that because after every time that happens and I power down my ps4 and it has problems completely shutting down, as a matter of fact it never does, Im trying to put if in stand by mode btw...I have to unplug it from the wall to shut it down!! I'm tempted to not put it back in system as this is only a rental and I don't want to risk my system.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:56 PM   #415
Rookie

OVR: 0

well there's just something about this game that is kinda satisfying, sure it has a lot of problems, but there's a lot of good things about it that 2k15 cant offer

Things i love:
- Jumpshots in this game: the defender recovery speed is something 2k can learn from, the game penalizes you from pressing triangle to contest the shot, instead you gotta be in closeout distance and just contest the jumpshots without over committing, no need to press triangle

- I love the core mechanics of the pick and roll/pop game, every pick and roll you run is based on read and react and the variation of the way cpu defends the pick and roll just makes the pick and roll game dynamic

Things i dont like
- They gotta tone down cpu's on ball d effectiveness, theyre just way too strong right now, cpu defends like bruce bowen right now
- Layups? right now you gotta be right at the rim to shoot a layup with the square button, it's annoying seeing your player take 2 feet jumpshot etc...
- The icon pass is useless, having to hold the r1 button THEN press the icon kinda makes it pointless, it has to more snappy and it should just be a press rather than hold. Right now you cant icon pass during fastbreak, drive and kick etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #416
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I can't believe this. I knew there would be something that would make me say WTF??? Some things I can overlook but a feature as important as this can't be.

What was EA thinking?? I'm trying to stay positive but this, Nash and Randle still in my Laker lineup is flat out WHACKED!!! 3's are still money. I was under the impression that things would update hours after the games.

As much as I like this game and the fun factor I have to have some basic features though
from what skillz was saying it sounds like EA has the Boudary Force field around the entire court.....

I'm not sure who made that decision to keep players from going out of bounds but then again I've been rather upset lately after hearing that the CPU AI don't even throw lobs passes to their big's in this game.

I mean seriously there are Highschool PG's who have the tendency to throw lob passes and yet in NBA game this non-existent for the CPU AI....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-31-2014 at 08:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »