Home

Give Feedback To Help Improve The NBA Live 15 Experience

This is a discussion on Give Feedback To Help Improve The NBA Live 15 Experience within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #81
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Give Feedback To Help Improve The NBA Live 15 Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsurugi_78
i believe if you hold down on the d-pad then you can make on the fly lineup changes mid game.
Not between quarters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #82
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

There is no need for this thread. The Live team, thanks to WTF, knows what the OS community wants. 9 pages of people saying the samething, some are just a bit more detailed. I don't normally get aggravated with developers, I have no idea what goes into making a game, but I feel like this is a stall tactic. It is no secret what OS gamers want in this game and the features desired, because they have been highlighted (repeatedly) since EA Early Access.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #83
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

1. The ability to do subtle dribble moves while moving. Right now, if you're moving and cross over, for example, you get a speed boost and kind of start sprinting. It makes walking sizeups essentially nonexistent.

2. More in-depth and smoother post game. It's hard to really differentiate between great post players this year.

3. Sometimes it feels like you can't make small directional changes as the ball handler. Oftentimes when I try to go around a screen, I have to run far around it, then footplant to start going towards the hoop after a sharp direction change. It's hard to get around the screen quickly that way, and gives the defender a lot of time to recover.

4. Roster editing (ratings, accessories, etc.)
Old 11-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #84
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

true ball and movement physics.......more realistic jersey movement and full customization
Old 11-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
There is no need for this thread. The Live team, thanks to WTF, knows what the OS community wants. 9 pages of people saying the samething, some are just a bit more detailed. I don't normally get aggravated with developers, I have no idea what goes into making a game, but I feel like this is a stall tactic. It is no secret what OS gamers want in this game and the features desired, because they have been highlighted (repeatedly) since EA Early Access.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Well Consider WTF Made the thread, I think what he wants is to get maybe the TOP 2 or 3 things from tallying all the feedback. I am HOPING for a Live 15 Patch, then the Rest HOPEFULLY in Live 16.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #86
Rookie

1. Late game AI.
2. Paint physics
3. LUT needs to have some sort of chemistry element like FIFA. (penalty for playing out of position)
4. LUT being a salary cap type mode like PES does with their online ultimate team mode
5. Team play
6. Stealing a pass improvement (not stealing a dribble)
Old 11-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: OperationSports, I want your feedback (NBA LIVE 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For you all saying Full Customization, break it down for me if you don't care in order of importance.

For example, do you value Sliders more than roster editing?

Do you value Roster Editing more than Sliders?

For me, I think I would value Roster Editing more than Sliders at this point, because although time consuming, I think we could alleviate the need for Sliders by being able to adjust players individual tendencies/attributes.

I just want to know where everybody stands, and break it down on a simple level.
1. I would go with Roster editing in the following format. Editing player movement(assigned team) and lineups. Editing individual ratings, number, and position. Editing all player ratings on a team, Editing all ratings in the league. That way people can make mass changes and minute changes. Allow the tendencies to be editable as well. I would also save just these changes (and not the entire roster)to a file so they could be saved and traded online.

2.Any AI/animation issues that cause a player to freeze mid animation, or delay the game from progressing on an inbounds play, and end game AI, substitution issues, etc. Basically as many bugs that hurt the experience need to be fixed.

3. More collisions in the paint with the intention on causing a missed shot and deterring the player from spamming/exploiting inside shots from driving and being under the rim and pumpfaking. It would have to be coupled with a good help defense that rotates to also discourage the drive.

4. Improved movement response. Look at some NBA footage, notice when a player decides to move(take an educated guess) and how long it takes them to make that first step, what angle the direction they changed, if any, whether they have the ball or not, moving laterally, moving from a stand still, etc and count the frames it takes. Match that response time in the game for animations. Do the same for players changing direction. Use a large sample size of players from quick guards to athletic wings to slower bigger players. It's not that the game is too slow, it just takes too long to get started, if you understand. Playing NBA Live 15 offline feels to me like I am playing NBA 2K15 online.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #88
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Give Feedback To Help Improve The NBA Live 15 Experience

WTF, thanks for giving us a voice!

I'm loving the game because the servers are actually great online! I have a few gripes with the game, most of which can be fixed this year through patches or updates!

Things like no floater controls cannot be fixed this year I'm assuming, whereas things like tipoffs always going to the PG or full court passes being impossible to manually steal can be tweaked to work more realistically.

In my view, the most important things to patch up this year are:

1. Weekly roster updates - Synergy stats should help pinpoint players overperforming or underperforming their Live counterparts. It's seriously frustrating to only play with my favorite team (Jazz) and see the ratings are so off. Things like Kanter having better post defence rating than Favors who is a defensive beast... Rudy Gobert never getting blocks or even altering shots, just jumping up looking goofy as can be contorting his body every which way... Enes Kanter and Trevor Booker with <45 3pt shot ratings when they've been shooting good percentages all year... Ingles no face, low passing rating when that's the only skill he has that allows him to play in the NBA. It's hard to play to a team's real life strengths when the in game ratings are like that. The big market teams are rated pretty fairly though...

2. Editable playbooks. Or at least let us change playbook to another team's. Quick playcalls are pretty worthless except for calling postups for your PG,SG,SF if you have a mismatch. So give us the option to bring in other plays and customize our team's playbook or let us pick another team's playbook at the team selection screen.

3. Paint defence. Paint defence is pretty underwhelming right now. Even with Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors at the 5 and 4 and packing the paint with dpad it's too easy for a star guard to drive inside and complete the 3 point play. So basically, help defence from big men need to slide into charge position a lot more responsively than what they do now. I don't know how the post defence and block ratings work together, but some animations by my shotblockers when trying to stop a driver are just absolutely ludicrous.

Overall I'm loving this game because it allows me to play head to head without lag issues. Post moves are deeper than most realize, I can do everything I can in 2k, just can't decide which side of the basket for some animations. Pick and rolls work great and feel great. ESPN camera is glorious. Colors, crowd, sounds are all fantastic. I will be playing this a lot all season long, so I truly hope you can implement some of the improvements I suggested above in patches this year. For NBA Live 16 add floaters, editable playbooks, better paint D, less full court BS passes, fix tipoffs to pg, and NBA Live will be the best bball game ever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »