Home

How to shoot free throws.

This is a discussion on How to shoot free throws. within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to shoot free throws.

I searched the forums/Internet and couldn't find any info on how to shoot free throws in NBA Live 15.

Could someone please explain how to do this on the PS4 version ? Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #2
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to shoot free throws.

watch the arms. at the highest point let go. look at the shot feedback and make adjustments from there.

HOWEVER, online. if you feel there is lag or you do the above and it says VERY EARLY or late, just tap the button and that should fix it.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
Rookie

mitsurugi_78's Arena

OVR: 0

You basically want to hold the shoot button until the moment just before the player starts to push the ball up and at the rim...so while they're bringing the ball up to around shoulder/head height..you hold it...but just before they actually shoot it...you let go.

The shot indicator will help you adjust for certain players if late or early as some do have different shooting types. Most of the taller Centers I've found bring the ball to about chest high before launching it at the rim...so you have to release a bit earlier than other players.

I think the free throws are a bit too easy once you get the hang of it...I often shoot perfect from the line every game...even with terrible free throw shooters.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
watch the arms. at the highest point let go. look at the shot feedback and make adjustments from there.

HOWEVER, online. if you feel there is lag or you do the above and it says VERY EARLY or late, just tap the button and that should fix it.
Great! Thanks for the info and tip for online play!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsurugi_78
You basically want to hold the shoot button until the moment just before the player starts to push the ball up and at the rim...so while they're bringing the ball up to around shoulder/head height..you hold it...but just before they actually shoot it...you let go.

The shot indicator will help you adjust for certain players if late or early as some do have different shooting types. Most of the taller Centers I've found bring the ball to about chest high before launching it at the rim...so you have to release a bit earlier than other players.

I think the free throws are a bit too easy once you get the hang of it...I often shoot perfect from the line every game...even with terrible free throw shooters.
Thank you for the clear steps involved with shooting a free throw. This will help me out a bunch. Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »