Home

Broken Promises...

This is a discussion on Broken Promises... within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

OVR: 0
Broken Promises...

Broken Promises

I don't know who is in charge of the marketing or PR department for the NBA Live Series, but you guys have to do a better job going forward. I'm not even mad about the Face Scan App that should have been launched today. I'm not mad about the lack of information and gameplay videos. My issue is with the way you guys announce things and sweep them under the rug as if it was never relevant from the start. You tell us there will be raw gameplay footage last week in Live Stream Team Vid and we get nothing. You give us an exact date for when the Game Face App is coming and now there is a delay. If that demo doesn't live up to my standards or doesn't come out next week, I'm cancelling my pre-order like it's The Wayans Bros. show. I can't take these lies and broken promises anymore. Communication is key when it comes to creating and maintaining a fanbase. Get with the program. Please, you guys have been giving false information for years. It has to stop.

Can't Get Right

I never tried so hard to give a gaming company my money and they screw up repeatedly. I've been with EA basketball since '93, when their basketball games featured the NBA Playoffs into the title. It almost seems as if they are doing it to hurt the fans on purpose. C'mon EA, don't turn into "Can't Get Right". Don't be that guy below...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Broken Promises...

Can't get right got out the prison camp tho lol
All jokes aside I feel the same way. I can't even lie and say I wasn't skeptical going to bed last night, it was too much going right for everything to fall into place
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Old 09-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Name one company that makes promises that they keep. 2K hid their game until about a week ago, and who knows how all the stuff their talking about will pan out. With Live there's a demo next week, that's all i care about anyways.

Fans need to stop getting their hopes up and just pay attention to the information that's been given to us. They still haven't opened the pre-order on the xbox one, and i'm not sure why, and I dont care.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

I think you're overreacting...

But, I ain't mad at cha. In fact, I did the same thing a few weeks ago when I was getting irritated by EA's reluctance to give us any significant gameplay vids of Madden 16. I was feeling dejavu that I'd just be buying the same game, different year on the box. So I cancelled my reservation, and bought the game on the preowned market.

And you know what? I was wrong! Madden 16 is the best football game I've played in over 10 years! Not saying Live 16 is going to meet all of your needs... But I think it's easy to get upset with not receiving videos/information that keep gamers' interest piqued, especially in this day of quick & easy social media "advertising".

But at the end of the day, it's all about the end product
Old 09-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Name one company that makes promises that they keep. 2K hid their game until about a week ago, and who knows how all the stuff their talking about will pan out. With Live there's a demo next week, that's all i care about anyways.

Fans need to stop getting their hopes up and just pay attention to the information that's been given to us. They still haven't opened the pre-order on the xbox one, and i'm not sure why, and I dont care.
2k is irreverent in this discussion. They give info in a weekly format while live gives us specific dates and for some reason always "forget" or delay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I think you're overreacting...

But, I ain't mad at cha. In fact, I did the same thing a few weeks ago when I was getting irritated by EA's reluctance to give us any significant gameplay vids of Madden 16. I was feeling dejavu that I'd just be buying the same game, different year on the box. So I cancelled my reservation, and bought the game on the preowned market.

And you know what? I was wrong! Madden 16 is the best football game I've played in over 10 years! Not saying Live 16 is going to meet all of your needs... But I think it's easy to get upset with not receiving videos/information that keep gamers' interest piqued, especially in this day of quick & easy social media "advertising".

But at the end of the day, it's all about the end product

I'm getting off track but since you brought Madden up : ) ...

Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing

Old 09-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Seems like we have this same discussion every year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »