Home

Nate Robinson....

This is a discussion on Nate Robinson.... within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Nate Robinson....

Dunks need to be tuned down some more tho, too much point guards and none Dunkers dunking. And also the point drive needs tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #10
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectLeet
A bit of all of them got boosts similarly, they don't have the same ratings to their NBA counter-parts, we adjusted them to play like we expected them to play or that moment at an elite status based on what their prime might've been, or what everyone expects with the bit of flashy brilliance they once were.

For example, KD has no regard in rucker and will heat check often, Nate wants to impress the fans in his legit throwback jordan 1's. VC will look like he did that night in rucker when he dunked on a man and went "it's over", that's how we rolled with that kind of flair about summer circuit.
So pro-am is not based in reality as attributes are exaggerated.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #11
Designer on NBA Live

ProjectLeet's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
So pro-am is not based in reality as attributes are exaggerated.
I'd still consider it grounded on reality, with the flair of a pro-am game it changes it up, they're not as likely going to play like a strict NBA player cranking out a W... In real life most of these pros take an opportunity to show off and have a bit more flair, like KD dropping 66 points with 4 straight 3pt shots because he was feeling a flow in Rucker.

Even Nate can still get to the rim, he just doesn't do it nearly as often in a real NBA game, but if he was playing in a pro-am he'd be a bit more flashier. Go watch some pro-am highlights to get for an idea of what I'm referring towards -- going from the NBA to a street court brings on a different mindset for a number of these guys more often than not.

It's not always about getting a W, it's sometimes about making a statement (see Vince Carter in Rucker), or doing it for a good cause and giving back to the community you love (see Jamal Crawford at the Seattle Pro AM).

Edit: I suppose I should also mention most of these attributes we used the NBA version as a base with relatively minor tweaks here and there. So they'll still shoot like you see in tip-off, but they might play onto their strengths or what the crowd would want to see from these pros in a Pro AM environment. A lot of these dudes were actually not even touched.

Last edited by ProjectLeet; 09-19-2015 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Typos... Typos everywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #12
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectLeet
I'd still consider it grounded on reality, with the flair of a pro-am game it change sit up, they're not as likely going to play like a strict NBA player cranking out a W... In real life most of these pros take an opportunity to show off and have a bit more flair, like KD dropping 66 points with 4 straight 3pt shots because he was feeling a flow in Rucker.

Even Nate can still get to the rim, he just doesn't do it nearly as often in a real NBA game, but if he was playing in a pro-am he'd be a bit more flashier. Go watch some pro-am highlights to get for an idea of what I'm referring towards -- going from the NBA to a street court brings on a different mindset for a number of these guys more often than not.

It's not always about getting a W, it's sometimes about making a statement (see Vince Carter in Rucker), or doing it for a good cause and giving back to the community you love (see Jamal Crawford at the Seattle Pro AM).

Edit: I suppose I should also mention most of these attributes we used the NBA version as a base with relatively minor tweaks here and there. So they'll still shoot like you see in tip-off, but they might play onto their strengths or what the crowd would want to see from these pros in a Pro AM environment. A lot of these dudes were actually not even touched.
So the boost is meant to show the disparity between a pro basketball player and the average joe on the street. I guess my only issue is that there attributes are not based on there current ability but them at their prime, as to VC killing an opponent with jump shoots and not dunks at this stage of his career.

Last edited by coolcras7; 09-19-2015 at 08:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »