Home

NBA Live 18 Videos Released

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Videos Released within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #65
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 18 Videos Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs Power
Kuda got to break down some the footage the people who went to the event saw + the new features the dev team have developed. Interested about how the post is "completely different" and that size and strength is a true factor. What was REALLY nice to hear was that they said defenders won't slide and that you need to know how to defend in order to stop a experienced ball handler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZvjAFBj0Zw

Of course, it's just an opinion and regular people need to play before we find out, but the post play needed a big improvement and it's good to see it was addressed (apparently)

Very cool. Need more. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #66
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

It's hilarious how quickly a YouTuber will sell out for a vacation and a face scan.

Why don't any of them freeze frame on the parts that look awful?

I'll give Live 18 a chance, but the graphics/animations are bad and I don't trust any review that wouldn't point that out:

photo web hosting

cdn image server
Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #67
Pro

Would say go the NBA Jam route but that's taken now. Was not impressed at all
Old 05-24-2017, 11:29 PM   #68
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs Power
I can understand how younger people who only grew up with 2k would find the gameplay trailer different, and 24, I respect that you've played the beta beforehand, but if you're reading some of the youtube comments you'd see that LIVE again is receiving unnecessary hate. It's definitely getting more love than last time and I think it looks pretty nice. There are definitely signature moves that make me happy. The kids are too used to what 2k looks like that they can't accept an alternative

Do they want the bodies to look the same? I'm pretty sure there was a massive argument about what the competitor did for the last few years

2k has done a lot of the same for the last 3 years (overall gameplay, bar certain areas), and I don't see how people can be overly satisfied except for the the fact that it's been a constant to purchase

Thank you

Live is getting hate because they have been wetting the bed for some time now. When Live was at the top of it's game, the standards for a hoops title were not as demanding. Look good, animate well, and be fun were really the only main areas to nail. People now expect: Teams to play exactly like their real life counterparts; Players to look exactly like their counterparts; Players to shoot, dribble, etc. just like their counterparts; Provide a plethora of game options/modes. It's somewhat unfair to live but they put themselves in the position to have to blow people away to get some respect..

2k17 had many annoying issues this year which I won't break down here, but I will say this is the 1st time since 2k10 I won't be dropping pre-order money down for 2k's title..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 05-24-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:33 PM   #69
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
NBA Live 18 Videos Released

I guess we all see things different here. Perhaps the animations are clunky, i choose to overlook it to enjoy the other aspects i love about NBA Live. In 2017, i feel like society excepts nothing less than perfection. No shortcomings. That's simply not realistic nor possible. I've yet to meet a single human being with no flaws, or holes in their character, so to speak.

We will see more soon. This didn't show us much, mostly the fact that signature animations are a focus this year. And it's about damn time, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #70
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Live is getting hate because they have been wetting the bed for some time now. When Live was at the top of it's game, the standards for a hoops title were not as demanding. Look good, animate well, and be fun were really the only main areas to nail. People now expect: Teams to play exactly like their real life counterparts; Players to look exactly like their counterparts; Players to shoot, dribble, etc. just like their counterparts; Provide a plethora of game options/modes. It's somewhat unfair to live but they put themselves in the position to have to blow people away to get some respect..
The last part of your statement is where they truly lacked, even with 16 boasting in some areas like tatts an accessories. I feel confident they'll get that part right but and they've claimed there are more signature animations also but who knows until we get to play

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 05-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
I'm not to worried this looks like an old build, maybe it's an old enough build prior to the delay. I'm guessing the EA suits played this build and wanted to clean up the clunky herky jerky animations, so expect a totally different build at EA Play. All we can do is give positive feedback and pray EA Devs listen to our input.
This always gets mention (it's an old build) and when the game releases nothing has changed from the old build video to release day gameplay.

Go back and pull up every thread prior to Live releasing for the past 5-6 years and you'll find the same response "This must be a earlier build" by those who immediately try to defend the animations or player movement

You guys have to understand it's not a crime to let EA know ahead of the time their animations still look SUSPECT AT BEST.......

If you keep trying to justify the player movement they (EA) will keep delivering a bad game from a animation perspective

Their track is proven that the games just don't animate properly so we can't just sit around and say don't worry "It's just and old build"

That stuff doesn't fly anymore especially based on their history

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #72
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
It's hilarious how quickly a YouTuber will sell out for a vacation and a face scan.

Why don't any of them freeze frame on the parts that look awful?

I'll give Live 18 a chance, but the graphics/animations are bad and I don't trust any review that wouldn't point that out:

photo web hosting

cdn image server
Fair play on the first image. I heard Agent 00 say the same thing aout Harden's jumpshot not being so hot, but what's to get annoyed about in the last two? Jordan has his tongue out and that look stupids if you pause the game

NBA Fan since 2007

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »