Home

NBA Live 18 Available (Xbox One/PS4), Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Available (Xbox One/PS4), Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 08:18 PM   #401
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA Live 18 Available (Xbox One/PS4), Post Your Impressions Here

I can't believe anyone would say teams play the same.

The Warriors are a completely different beast. I'm playing as the Lakers hoping it would be a nice challenge. Hahaha. Yeah the Warriors are destroying my defense.

Next game I want to play against a slower pace team to see how the game is played. But Golden State is constantly looking to run and they aren't afraid to pull up for 3s on fast breaks.

Leaving me in the dust trying to get back and instead watching Klay take a hard stop and bury an open three in transition.

Also, Ball can't follow Curry. Someone get Lavar on the phone. EA is making a point. He's not ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #402
Rookie

tjung0831's Arena

OVR: 0

Just played 12 minute quarters with accelerated clock...Bucks(me) vs 76'ers....I won 111-99 Antetokounmpo scored 49!
I don't really know anything in regards to running actual offenses or anything but I couldn't be having more fun.

Here is the game joined in the 2nd half and starts out with a monster dunk by Antetokounmpo!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175346613
Old 09-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #403
MVP

OVR: 10

So I picked up Live.

I played the Demo and it was good enough, so I figured why not just get the game this year, cuz I was kind of burnt out on (other game.)

There are a lot of things I like about it, and some I dislike.

One thing is I actually prefer the ridiculous finishing ability to some dude jumping from 8 feet away and making you miss a lay up or blocking your dunk. Still, I kind of wish it was toned down a bit. The main problem is online it makes dudes NEVER PASS, cuz they think they can always finish. Maybe because I was a 73 overall, but nobody gives me the ball.

I dislike that there aren't more 5 v 5 modes, unless I haven't found them. That's my biggest gripe. I would like to play 5 v 5 team up with NBA rules, but I dunno how to do it. Maybe someone can tell me how?

Another big gripe is the ball sometimes squirts out and rolls around on people or bounces off their heads out of bounds when they could have just grabbed it. It's not even a loose ball scramble, it's just like dudes waiting to see where a top would land.

Overall, it's good enough. I am enjoying it, jumping online with my dude and not feeling obligated to grind. I am so garbage in the post and in general, but I'm enjoying learning a new game. I can still get some things through simple IQ. Some rebs, some steals, blocks... but it's hard for me to find a way to score in the post when I somehow do get the ball. Maybe it's pressure. It's like I GOT THE BALL, now what?

-Smak
Old 09-17-2017, 01:00 AM   #404
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I wonder if at some point these classic players that are showing up in the co op challenges might be usable in some sort of way by the user. So far there has been olajuwon, drexler, and iverson. I would not mind being able to play a scrimmage game at one of these street parks with some of these classic players.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:05 AM   #405
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I stopped caring about real life NBA about 10 years ago or so and even growing up, I was never a diehard. But...I always enjoyed playing NBA Live through the 90s and 00s. When the series faded, I stopped playing basketball games nearly altogether.

BUT!!! NBA Live 18, my lord . A basketball game that is not only a solid representation of the game, but one that just has a 'fun factor' to it. I normally HATE player-centric modes, I cannot get enough of The One (both streets and league). The gameplay is responsive and well, fun...and I really like the defensive AI in the game overall.

If they could add a few more of the basic components into franchise mode via patch, I will be 100% satisfied.

I thought this would be a game I would pick up and play for change-of-pace from Madden and MLB: The Show...it's going to get WAY more use than I ever imagined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 1

The L1 button isn't bringing up the playcall screen in middle of the game. Is anybody else having this issue? If not, what am I doing wrong?
Old 09-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #407
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Man if Live expands The One/Pro Am and develops a 'Crew' type thing.....man watch out...they'll have that side of the game locked down...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #408
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'm sure this was discussed but I never paid attention. I don't mind paying the 59.99but man 39.99 would have been nice. Didn't realise preordering gave you such nice discounts . My bad . Hopefully next year I'll pay attention
No, that was totally EA's fault, not yours, for not marketing the game, letting people outside of their hardcore fanbase know that such a preorder deal was available. The promotion of this game was/is a travesty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »