Home

NBA Live 18: The Little Things

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18: The Little Things within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 08:37 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 18: The Little Things

I love how if you make your dude max weight, he looks jacked.

I love how people's heads have hitboxes. I bounce the ball off people's heads all of the time. Or that when you jump to block you can block a pass, too.

-Smak
Old 09-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #18
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
NBA Live 18: The Little Things

Was texting a friend impressions, from a previous game, and thought I'd put this one here.

Was playing as the 76ers (All Star, 12 mins, accelerated, auto subs) in my 2nd Franchise matchup against the Wizards. We are up 8 early in the 4th and Wall subs back in. My new lineup is 1. Fultz, 2. Reddick, 3. Simmons, 4. Saric, 5 Embiid. Wall starts their comeback by exploiting the Reddick/Saric PnR mismatches, hitting on drives and pull-ups , mostly drives as I refused to double to stop ball.

Eventually they take a 4 point lead on a 12-0 run. The CPU calls timeout for me at the 7 minute mark and sets my " twin towers" lineup (3-2 floor spacing) of 1. Fultz, 2. Reddick, 3. Covington, 4. Okafor, 5. Embiid. this lineup forced Wall into midrange shots as the his only option., and he was still hitting, now on fire, up to 26points.

At the 4 minute mark the CPU subs in Holmes for Okafor and Simmons for Reddick (now - 4-1) which I'll now call my " death lineup" from here on out, because they put Simmons at the 1. and Fuktz at the 2, To stop a hot John Wall. I couldn't believe it. Simmons was in the PG spot not the SF spot.

We gutted out a win on Simmons lockdown of Wall, and on a late Embiid "The Dream-esque" fade-away and-one, but it was the automatic CPU lineup change that stunned me. I do adjust minutes played outside the game but I let the CPU sub always. Was a WOW moment for me with TWO counter substitutions not tied to assigned minutes in those moments but rather, designed to stop WALL.

Still amazed because this is the second time I really noticed it against an opponent dominating me, and the variation of a"towers" lineup was different from one used in a previous game. Against the same opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream

Last edited by seanhazz1; 09-22-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Thie sounds of this really reminded me of an NBA LIVE replay...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZboWDNHfFu/

They've nailed thay aspect

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really like the fouls in this game.

There are times where you are waiting to see whether the whistle is to call the defender for a block or the guy on the drive for a charge. Very realistic.

On shooting fouls, there are quite late calls after the player has landed and also really early calls on the drive where you get to see the continuation.

Lots of good no calls on contact too.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:56 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
Was texting a friend impressions, from a previous game, and thought I'd put this one here.

Was playing as the 76ers (All Star, 12 mins, accelerated, auto subs) in my 2nd Franchise matchup against the Wizards. We are up 8 early in the 4th and Wall subs back in. My new lineup is 1. Fultz, 2. Reddick, 3. Simmons, 4. Saric, 5 Embiid. Wall starts their comeback by exploiting the Reddick/Saric PnR mismatches, hitting on drives and pull-ups , mostly drives as I refused to double to stop ball.

Eventually they take a 4 point lead on a 12-0 run. The CPU calls timeout for me at the 7 minute mark and sets my " twin towers" lineup (3-2 floor spacing) of 1. Fultz, 2. Reddick, 3. Covington, 4. Okafor, 5. Embiid. this lineup forced Wall into midrange shots as the his only option., and he was still hitting, now on fire, up to 26points.

At the 4 minute mark the CPU subs in Holmes for Okafor and Simmons for Reddick (now - 4-1) which I'll now call my " death lineup" from here on out, because they put Simmons at the 1. and Fuktz at the 2, To stop a hot John Wall. I couldn't believe it. Simmons was in the PG spot not the SF spot.

We gutted out a win on Simmons lockdown of Wall, and on a late Embiid "The Dream-esque" fade-away and-one, but it was the automatic CPU lineup change that stunned me. I do adjust minutes played outside the game but I let the CPU sub always. Was a WOW moment for me with TWO counter substitutions not tied to assigned minutes in those moments but rather, designed to stop WALL.

Still amazed because this is the second time I really noticed it against an opponent dominating me, and the variation of a"towers" lineup was different from one used in a previous game. Against the same opponent.

Glad you posted this here man. I was going to recommend that you do so with your earlier observations/impressions of the game. I still think you should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #22
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I love how when a free throw is missed and bounces toward a player, they actually grab the ball instead of just standing there like it isn’t about to hit them on the head.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I love how when a free throw is missed and bounces toward a player, they actually grab the ball instead of just standing there like it isn’t about to hit them on the head.

yea and they give back to ref
Old 09-26-2017, 01:29 PM   #24
Rookie

Have you tried using quality headphones with this game? The ambient sound is incredibly high in the stadiums and you can enjoy it a lot. When I play with headphones (Meze 99 Classics) I remove the comments and get into the game like a real spectator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »