Home

NBA Live 18: The Little Things

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18: The Little Things within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #33
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 18: The Little Things

At MSG the pa announcer says one shot After an and one awesome just like in real life .
Old 10-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #34
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

OVR: 0

It was the last few minutes at the Spectrum Center and I just hit a 3 to take the lead and the buzzing sound of the Hornets erupted. Bloody awesome

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 10-14-2017, 02:17 AM   #35
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Played a game against the Lakers tonight at Philly and it was a close game in the forth quarter. The crowd was really into it and in the middle of the 4th quarter as the Lakers are bringing the ball up down 1, the crowd starts chanting "BEAT LA...BEAT LA" ....that really got me hype on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #36
Rookie

timbofry1's Arena

OVR: 2
Question Re: NBA Live 18: The Little Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
Was texting a friend impressions, from a previous game, and thought I'd put this one here.

Was playing as the 76ers (All Star, 12 mins, accelerated, auto subs) in my 2nd Franchise matchup against the Wizards. We are up 8 early in the 4th and Wall subs back in. My new lineup is 1. Fultz, 2. Reddick, 3. Simmons, 4. Saric, 5 Embiid. Wall starts their comeback by exploiting the Reddick/Saric PnR mismatches, hitting on drives and pull-ups , mostly drives as I refused to double to stop ball.

Eventually they take a 4 point lead on a 12-0 run. The CPU calls timeout for me at the 7 minute mark and sets my " twin towers" lineup (3-2 floor spacing) of 1. Fultz, 2. Reddick, 3. Covington, 4. Okafor, 5. Embiid. this lineup forced Wall into midrange shots as the his only option., and he was still hitting, now on fire, up to 26points.

At the 4 minute mark the CPU subs in Holmes for Okafor and Simmons for Reddick (now - 4-1) which I'll now call my " death lineup" from here on out, because they put Simmons at the 1. and Fuktz at the 2, To stop a hot John Wall. I couldn't believe it. Simmons was in the PG spot not the SF spot.

We gutted out a win on Simmons lockdown of Wall, and on a late Embiid "The Dream-esque" fade-away and-one, but it was the automatic CPU lineup change that stunned me. I do adjust minutes played outside the game but I let the CPU sub always. Was a WOW moment for me with TWO counter substitutions not tied to assigned minutes in those moments but rather, designed to stop WALL.

Still amazed because this is the second time I really noticed it against an opponent dominating me, and the variation of a"towers" lineup was different from one used in a previous game. Against the same opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Hi - Quick question. I just started playing this game over the past couple weeks. I was trying to figure out how to change the offensive sets in-game, like to go from 3-2 to 4-1, and so on. I couldn't find a way for me to to that, during a time-out or just in the coach settings screen. Any idea how I can do this? I am playing Ultimate Team mode, so maybe it's different in that mode, or not an option? Am I missing something? I'd love to be able to change my offensive sets, based on my lineup at the time. Thanks very much for your help!
Old 12-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 0

Wow this thread is making me want to go and buy this game!
Old 01-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #38
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

There are some cool presentation touches in Franchise Mode that are used when you play on a holiday.

I have seen the score bug on the bottom of the screen reflect when it is Thanksgiving (it says "NBA Thanksgiving Special" or something like that on the far right of the graphic).

On the Franchise home screen calendar (where it shows your upcoming week's games on the left of the screen), the game match-up has Christmas lights on it when you play a Christmas Day game.

I have also heard the play-by-play commentator specifically mention Valentine's Day when I played a game on Feb 14.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #39
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
NBA Live 18: The Little Things

I discovered last night that holding both triggers down and shooting with Dirk does his signature One Legged Fade.

This is pretty hot and tempting.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief

Last edited by TecmoZack; 04-25-2018 at 11:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »