Home

Here's your chance to speak up about any major roster issues -developer taking tweets

This is a discussion on Here's your chance to speak up about any major roster issues -developer taking tweets within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 10:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Here's your chance to speak up about any major roster issues -developer taking tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDYRX
I'm not trying to be a Live apologist, but sometimes I feel really bad for the devs. I'm guessing this is temporary until Synergy kicks in (an assumption based off a reply to the tweet by Erika), but yeah, this could all be solved with roster editing. I definitely get the feeling not everyone at EA is on board with Synergy, even if they don't explicitly say so. I say all this to say, yes it's ridiculous, but its more than likely not his fault. We can take advantage of having an open line of communication in the meantime.
I'm guessing you didn't play the last couple of Live games. Synergy didn't automatically update trades. In fact, at times it gave two of the same players on the one team, mixed up players based on the same surname (George Hill, Solomon Hill as just one example), had some random 76ers player starting for the Spurs as it freaked out when a Spurs starter got injured and there weren't enough players in the roster.

Don't get me wrong, I like Live (and actually most of what Synergy brings too) but nothing matches user roster editing.

If EA want our help, add editing and we will create all the trades, change all the jersey numbers and positions and hopefully have the ability to edit play styles and animation packages too. Then we will upload and share them for all to enjoy.

Win/win.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #10
Benchwarming Since 92

TDYRX's Arena

Re: Here's your chance to speak up about any major roster issues -developer taking tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justonepost
I'm guessing you didn't play the last couple of Live games. Synergy didn't automatically update trades. In fact, at times it gave two of the same players on the one team, mixed up players based on the same surname (George Hill, Solomon Hill as just one example), had some random 76ers player starting for the Spurs as it freaked out when a Spurs starter got injured and there weren't enough players in the roster.

Don't get me wrong, I like Live (and actually most of what Synergy brings too) but nothing matches user roster editing.

If EA want our help, add editing and we will create all the trades, change all the jersey numbers and positions and hopefully have the ability to edit play styles and animation packages too. Then we will upload and share them for all to enjoy.

Win/win.
I've actually played most Lives, including every one on current gen. My point isn't that Synergy will be the answer to this solution, because it hasn't in the past, but that I doubt Leet wants to be crowdsourcing roster info in the first place. More than anything, I'm just empathizing with him and the other devs bc I think whatever deal EA has with Synergy is hurting the product, and I think those devs are very aware of that.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #11
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Here's your chance to speak up about any major roster issues -developer taking tw

Fair enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #12
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

the sad part is that NBA Live 10 had daily updates and worked wonderfully. How do things go from there to this to limited updates?
Old 10-12-2017, 01:03 AM   #13
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Really shouldn't be needed.

1. There are countless threads here.
2. A developer should have knowledgeable staff who should not need to ask.
3. Google, ESPN, NBA.com all have the answers
EGGZACTLY!!!!!!! Hey EA -- want my feedback? Assign a couple interns to comb the threads in this forum for my opinion! Get off your **** ***** and do some of the legwork with customer interaction your damn selves!!!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:08 AM   #14
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Facts, there are people here on these boards dedicated to this kind of stuff. Head-scratching to say the least.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I think the development team has probably lost a lot of their help back to the Madden team. I know I have read where some Madden guys came over to help. So asking for help just increases chances for omissions. Hopefully they get a big update for Opening Night.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:

actually those sites a lot of times are slightly behind. even the nba's website is behind by a little. not as bad as it used to be before they implemented sap into their website. thats why its smart to ask the fans. they would know right away what has changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »