Home

What Happened: 'The Demo Was So Hot'

This is a discussion on What Happened: 'The Demo Was So Hot' within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:32 AM   #9
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Happened: 'The Demo Was So Hot'

Whoops 10 char

Last edited by heelphreak; 10-14-2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 10-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
There was a time I felt the demo played better.. but that was probably because of a particular update I didn't like. But overall the game is really good in its current state.
Something was tweaked today because the game is playing better than ever.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #11
Rookie

mitsurugi_78's Arena

OVR: 0

I lowered speed just back to 70 and have to say the game really does play better...I think them speeding it up just threw everything off...not sure why they sped it up really...people just weren’t used to the speed of Live...but thanks for suggesting that...I’m actually enjoying the game again...not missing as many silly layups or shots that should be going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 11:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsurugi_78
I lowered speed just back to 70 and have to say the game really does play better...I think them speeding it up just threw everything off...not sure why they sped it up really...people just weren’t used to the speed of Live...but thanks for suggesting that...I’m actually enjoying the game again...not missing as many silly layups or shots that should be going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The demo was at 70, and it was great at that speed. Thing is, you get used to playing at that speed then you have to play @ 80 online. Throws everything off...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

there's just not much to do. It's a simple-ish game, but it gets a lot of stuff right. It's not as good as 2k because 2k has a great foundation, but 2k somehow makes me so much more angry when I play it. haha.

It doesn't feel like an injustice when something crazy happens in Live cuz the game is based on crazy stuff, but in 2k, it's like everything seems good then it's just like wat.

Give us a 5 on 5 nba-style mode. Give us squads n keep stats, people will play. How much Live run can you do? I know people who get into h2h, but I'm not one of them. Not since I've played 5 on 5.

In summary: the gameplay is what it is. I am cool with it, but... like imagine if on 2k you could only play 3 on 3 park. Eventually you'd stop. Having some 'ranked' mode in it would help too because there are some trash people. I jumped on w/ randoms the other day (last I played) and won a few games 21-2, 21-4, etc... and I wasn't even doing that much. haha. I was playing my role, and everyone was, but the other teams were just that bad.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »