Home

NBA Live 18 Patch 1.05 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Patch 1.05 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #57
Rookie

Jmart3201's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 18 Patch 1.05 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

To the guy saying that EA needs to fix number & skin colors on players & that they need to add in edit roster back into the game. I haven't played live besides the demo but bro everybody playing nba live 18 right now should be excited & happy of the things EA has added & fixed because they're at least listening to you guys & updating players likeness & slowly getting to the players you guys think that need to be updated because I'm playing 2K & they haven't did any kind of player update & a lot of us have been constantly asking like crazy for two years now & nothing. Not even a response. They're constantly pay attention to online players instead of the players who made them what they are today & thats on part of them making offline game modes that we all love like franchise mode (now known as my league & my gm) just seeing how much they constantly update players just tells me they're listening to their fans want players to look realistic. Don't get me wrong I love 2K a little more still this year but it just seems like they throw something little for offline players & than just focus on online which I get why because that's what's bringing in the money but still offline players should get some notice too like EA Is doing for their players & game. So much props to EA for doing that
Old 10-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #58
Rookie

Jmart3201's Arena

But I definitely agree edit players needs to be added back into the game. They have it in madden so they definitely need to have it in live 18
Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justonepost
The jumpshots have improved massively since the original demo. The hitch is gone and it just looks and feels smooth.

I do think they need to relax the ‘guarded’ jumpshots though. I’ll upload a clip later but basically a shot where you are wide open and only a split second before the ball is released does a defender jump at you and even though they are late and still not within reach of a block, the game calls this guarded. Which is wrong obviously and hurts the fun a bit.

A good shot/open in the nba is considered 'guarded/contested' in live 18, but I haven't played since the patch dropped, so hopefully that was been addressed.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:30 AM   #60
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

SO why....

Does this game not have Free play mode whereby the season is replicated on a nighty basis in time with the real NBA schedule?

I should be able to play now and choose from all the night's games
Old 10-22-2017, 03:01 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
SO why....

Does this game not have Free play mode whereby the season is replicated on a nighty basis in time with the real NBA schedule?

It did in 16, even had real life game challenges.

Disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2017, 03:27 AM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
SO why....

Honestly, the game has gone backwards imo in terms of being an NBA game as such. Franchise mode has less features than games 15 years ago on a PS1. Season mode is basically an afterthought. The play today's games feature was great a couple of years ago and, at least, offered 'something' to play along with the real NBA season.

It really looks like there is a massive move towards The One and street mode basketball...would not be surprised if that is all there is by 2019.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #63
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Are there CPU trades in franchise yet?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #64
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50