Home

Hype dying down

This is a discussion on Hype dying down within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Hype dying down

This forum has always been like died. The thing is the other game is just a lot more popular and even compared to other sports games live is not that popular. In general nba live forum and nhl forum have less activate then like the rest of this website. I think the problem with live is because of its past it has a lot of like catching up to do and the fact that its franchise mode is basically broken hurts the game a lot. Had nba live had a working franchise mode I would have gotten it but when you have a franchise mode with out in game injures, no CPU trades, beyond terrible sim results how can you really play the mode?
Old 11-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Rookie

Makeufamous NDZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkfly
What do you guys think, seems like these forums excitement to down. The news coming from EA seems to be drying up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
For what the game offers, it just doesn't compare to NBA 2K18. I mean 2K has it's own issues but mostly that's online. I have both games and at first I was playing Live 18 hard. But that was mostly because it was new and something different but less than two months after release I find myself exclusively playing 2K now.

As stated previously, with limited & broken game modes and no roster editing there is not much longevity with Live 18. And basically after the season the game will die fast as we have to rely on EA to update everything. And you already know there will be no updates after the Finals.

It's the main reason in my personal opinion why they are discounting the game so early.... Cuz they know after the season sales will die. It's simple business, they're trying to save face.

But you might see a slight spike in activity around Christmas when people buy new consoles and they grab NBA Live on sale. It'll be buzzing again for a minute around that time I bet.

NBA 2K20 • MADDEN 20 • GOLF CLUB 2 • UFC 3 • FIFA 20 • FORZA • FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPIONS

Last edited by Makeufamous NDZ; 11-05-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #11
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeufamous NDZ
For what the game offers, it just doesn't compare to NBA 2K18. I mean 2K has it's own issues but mostly that's online. I have both games and at first I was playing Live 18 hard. But that was mostly because it was new and something different but less than two months after release I find myself exclusively playing 2K now.

As stated previously, with limited & broken game modes and no roster editing there is not much longevity with Live 18. And basically after the season the game will die fast as we have to rely on EA to update everything. And you already know there will be no updates after the Finals.

It's the main reason in my personal opinion why they are discounting the game so early.... Cuz they know after the season sales will die. It's simple business, they're trying to save face.

But you might see a slight spike in activity around Christmas when people buy new consoles and they grab NBA Live on sale. It'll be buzzing again for a minute around that time I bet.
I also play both games even though 2k has live beat as far as gamemodes and a deeper franchise I'm having more fun playing live.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #12
Banned

Perfect barometer...these forums. NOBODY CARES. There's damn near no conversations on these forums. 😢😏

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #13
kac
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilladawg4
Perfect barometer...these forums. NOBODY CARES. There's damn near no conversations on these forums. 😢😏

Then try playing 2k and see if you like that game it's a decent game.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
Then try playing 2k and see if you like that game it's a decent game.

Oh no...have LOVE 2K...i have this nostalgia for Live that im sure a good percentage of people who bought live 18 suffer from. I like having options but live hasnt been a true threat in YEARS

Old 11-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #15
kac
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilladawg4
Oh no...have LOVE 2K...i have this nostalgia for Live that im sure a good percentage of people who bought live 18 suffer from. I like having options but live hasnt been a true threat in YEARS

No it hasn't as far as popularity goes this year I'm really enjoying the gameplay and I'm having fun. I also like playing 2k I'm just having more fun with live.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
No it hasn't as far as popularity goes this year I'm really enjoying the gameplay and I'm having fun. I also like playing 2k I'm just having more fun with live.

I hear ya...live just leaves me with a ton of want. Just edits alone crushed my expectations. Live was the original roster edits king. Its pointless to have all the shoes and not have the freedom to edit. Truly took me out of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »